Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

I never thought ____ would cause so much drama

Joey, on September 23, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

My aunt?

My wedding date?

The wedding partys' outfits?

Tablecloths?

Fill in the blank with your own answer - I never thought ____ would cause so much drama

I never thought ____ would cause so much drama 1

Photo by Frank Wang Photography in Burnaby

Next question: I never thought my wedding party _____

Start over at the beginning of I Never

22 Comments

Latest activity by Geneviève, on November 20, 2019 at 22:44
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That darned guest list! That will be one part I won’t miss
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought that wedding planning would be so calm, fun and stress free, no drama here

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought the guest list would cause so much drama! My fiancé isn't close with his family but he's in a constant struggle as to which people get invited 🤦‍♀️
  • Chere-Lee
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Chere-Lee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought my future MOTHER-IN-LAW would cause so much drama! When my future husband and I got engaged, I wanted to elope and he wanted to have the ceremony and reception so that his mother would not be disappointed. Now here we are a year into the planning, unrefundable deposits down, at almost a year until the actual date, and she has now shown some interest, only because her sister-in-law and best friend were asking us about the wedding planning at my mother-in-law's birthday party. She honestly doesn't care, but for appearances sake, she doesn't want to look like she knows absolutely nothing about what we have planned - although she does not know anything.

If we had our time back, we would have eloped.

• Christine
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought having my friend as a bridesmaid would cause so much drama. My parents would have prefered that I just kept my sister and both sister-in-laws. Although, my friend doesn't seem to plan ahead or know how she's getting to my parent's house on my wedding day. My parents might have a point...

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought my brother would create such a fuss over such things with the attitude he had making things worse and my day dramatic.

• July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That one’ of my MOH would cause so much drama for me
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought saying no kids at pre-wedding stuff, would cause so much drama. To clarify, kids are allowed at the wedding, but I was getting to the point where I had run out of different ways to say no kids at anything else wedding planning related.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MIL would cause so much drama. She really came off as being harmless (at first), so I was extremely surprised.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our decision to not get married in a Greek church. I expected some push back but thought they'd get over it sooner than this. But holy moly, my poor FMIL is now taking heat from her MIL that she didn't raise their kids religiously enough even though it's her own dang son (FH's dad) who's the less religious one.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not inviting kids would cause so much drama.
    It's one friggin' night, I think you can leave your kids with a babysitter or grandma/grandpa or a friend and you'll survive.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fiances family. I thought most of the drama would be from my side kr my mom but really it's his.
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought my GRANDMA would cause so much drama.. I was living with her at the time so of course I shared some wedding details and then BAM! the entire family knew and would criticize me. I have learned not to trust her with any info you don't want the whole world to know.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought our guest list and family would cause so much drama!

They both go hand in hand, but there was some family I had to invite to keep the peace, but knew they'd decline.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The weather. The only drama was the rain-started during the ceremony so we moved inside then it stopped so we took pictures across the street and it rained again so we went back to the venue for indoor pictures and it stopped raining.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought that family would cause so much drama, upset and insecurity. I was very naive to think that in this time of high stress and opinions that family would cause frustration and leave me wanting to pull my hair out.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought having no kids would cause so much drama.

This has literally been the biggest thing for us. Quite a few long chats about this with a few select people.

Do adults not want a night out? People are offended because our nieces and nephews (that we see almost daily) are coming, but not so and so's granddaughter who doesn't even talk to us when she walks into a room. Its incredible

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought my date would cause so much drama. I chose October 5th as it's near the end of harvest season and we didn't want a Winter or a Summer wedding - but here I am with almost none of my Dad's side of the family coming to my wedding... Oh well, at least a couple that are farmers are making it a priority and know that missing one day of harvest isn't the end of the world...

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought my bridal party and my soon to be MIL would cause so much drama.

• Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents. Keep thinking I'll vent and share here, but haven't been able to bring myself to admit how hurt I am by them yet. Smiley sad

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I never thought my in-laws would cause so much drama! it’s seriously never ending
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I never thought family would cause so much drama - in different ways.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics