Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jackie
Beginner May 2020 Ontario

I’m so overwhelmed

Jackie, on August 6, 2019 at 18:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I’m so overwhelmed about everything.. I don’t know where to start.. what to plan first ... I need help from you girls Smiley sad

11 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on August 17, 2019 at 15:09
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations an your engagement. May I ask when is your wedding date?
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Use the checklist on this site. it will help soooo much.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm late responding to some of these discussions - but are you feeling any better now? Is there any worries that you have that we can help out with?

Weddings are a lot of work but (they tell me) they are worth it in the end!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't feel everything is crashing on you so fast.

Wedding planning guide is a way to help you start your process of steps to take through the time to the final week of the wedding day.

Creating a guest list and wedding date allows you to plan according to venue and budget. Photographer, Videographer, Officiant, Make up/Hair stylist, and other vendors will follow after knowing the date you have chosen and meetings/trials to confirm your choice to book.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jackie, yes it is overwhelming but you can do this! start with your budget, because without knowing how much you can spend, you can't book anything. Even a rough budget will help you narrow your choices. Then start looking at venues and guest list. Your venue will have a maximum head count and perhaps a minimum one as well. This will help determine how many people you can afford to invite. Then start looking at all the other things, photographers, cake, dress, DJ etc. Don't be afraid to cut things that aren't in your budget and don't get caught up in trying to impress everyone else, your wedding is about you and your FH.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is a lot to take on right away. The first step is the hardest finding out what to do first, and where to go. All the ladies that have already commented have great ideas!
    Work with the check list on Wedding Wire. This is what helped me a ton in the first place. Figure out a rough amount of people you want to have, and a budget.

Then look at the time of year you want. and a possible date. From there start with Venues. once you have a venue, everything will fall into place!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It can be very overwhelming at first and different stages of the planning! Sit down with your fh and discuss your date, what you both want out of the wedding (my fh wanted his church), your budget! This is soo important and necessary to figure out before you do anything. You want to make a list of everything that will need pay for and approx cost of things. Then see what your able to save every month.

• Karine
    Curious October 2019 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we all feel that way! The hardest part for us was deciding the date as my fiancé’s family is from overseas that alone took us 1 year... since it took so long we were able to plan out our guest list. As soon as the date was decided and as our date was not flexible we visited all the venues which interested us that were available for our party size! That was the second hardest part as our parents did not agree on venue. We finally found a compromise between what we wanted, what my parents and his parents preferred. I already knew which photographer I wanted and the type of wedding theme which helped a lot when talking with the vendors to get accurate quotes.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just picked the venue first (after my fiancé agreed to it). Then from there I went on Pinterest to find colour schemes.

once I found colours I wanted to use then I started pinning decor like centrepieces and guestbook table etc.

then I started researching and choosing vendors. First photographer, then DJ, then officiant, then hair/makeup, etc.

right now I got my dress and next week it’s time for bridesmaids dresses.

then we will order save the dates and invites

good luck, hope this helps a little! You can always say screw it and elope lol or hire a planner
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah, don't worry - I think we all start out the process with a bit of a meltdown lol. Definitely start with an idea of your guest count and discuss maybe a season or month that you'd like to set to help narrow down your venue possibilities. From there you can go on tours and collect pricing info to make your choice. Once you've settled on a venue, you can ask them for a list of their preferred vendors - I found that really helped us and they all kinda just fell into place after that! Happy planning!

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know the feeling! I didn’t start planning until one year after I got engaged.
    I think you should start with things like how many guests you want. This will determine your venue choices. From there, you can research venues, go look at venues etc. I would probably look for a photographer after you choose a venue as they book up quick. This is probably all a good starting point.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics