Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Frequent user November 2018 Alberta

i booked my Venue!

Casey, on October 17, 2017 at 21:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
Pardon my son in a couple photos he was loving running back and forth in there lolSuper stoked, booked the Elks Hall (Spruce Grove, Alberta) for my ceremony and reception! Gorgeous place, my pictures don't even explain how I felt when I walked in. Cute bar area, can set up some cocktail tables, they have massive round tables for dinner and as I said this place was beyond what I expected so I don't even think I'm going to go as crazy with decorating as I planned, the place has the perfect atmosphere!
Anyone else booking their venues at the moment? Or Weddings in Winter? My date is Nov. 17th 2018 - Happy venue hunting ladies and good luck finding your "Wow!!!"

i booked my Venue! 1

i booked my Venue! 2

i booked my Venue! 3

i booked my Venue! 4

i booked my Venue! 5

i booked my Venue! 6

28 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 18, 2017 at 01:28
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hes so cute ahahha. Love the lights!

• Sonia
    Frequent user May 2019 Quebec
    Sonia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutely stunning! Congrats!
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Absolutely beautiful! Loving the high ceilings and gorgeous chandeliers! Congrats on finding your venue! Big step!

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is magnificent!! Look at those ceilings. LOVE IT. Congrats finding that.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! It's like having a wedding date sistah 😁😉 Also saw on your profile that you responded to a post about Silicone rings, we have been discussing Enso, my Fiance is a Powerlineman.
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Big and airy nice room! Congrats Congratulations on finding your venue.
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, Casey. I hope that gives some brides who are in the area some information. Excellent find.

• Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know very little about Alberta weddings.... but we're are date twins! I'm getting married Nov 17, 2018 in Jacksons Point, ON

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Just posted above with the info. I'm from Spruce Grove so the places are local to Edmonton area.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue is in Spruce Grove, Alberta - 15mins west of EdmontonElks Social Hall - 400 Diamond Ave.
    Uptown Catering is based in St. Albert - 10min north of Edmonton.Uptowncatering.com
    My back up if they can't do it is A Cappella Catering in Edmonton.ACapella.ab.ca
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's excellent, Casey. Where in Alberta is this venue? And who is the caterer that you are using so that some of our other Albertans can look them up.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Stunning room!!!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What a lovely venue! I love the ceiling haha so random but it really gives the place a nice modern look. Congrats!!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no that's too bad 🙁 It's because of the Friday no kitchen policy? Have you found an alternate venue?
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I looked at this hall too! loved it but was extra to rent the kitchen all weekend.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The hall was a steal if a deal, $1060 for the whole weekend.We also found buffet catering that does $24/person (2 entrees, 2 hot sides, 2 salads with the rolls and a pickle/Olive tray) AND they do a midnight lunch with deli meats and cheeses, baguettes with spinach/artichoke dips. They supply all set up and take down, plates, cutlery, super awesome place - uptowncatering.com (St.Albert, Alberta)The prices are based on 75 guests as it is so in total I think my estimates catering will be around $2200-$2500
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is going to look so beautiful! Please do share pictures after the wedding, I'd love to see the final result.

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure the hall is large enough to hold at least 75 people, but can your budget accommodate that many? We only had 32 for that reason. At $82.00 per plate, it added up really quickly.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's funny cause we said 50 MAX! Now we are just past 75 people and still adding so it could very well be 100+ by the time we send invites - we also having revised the list, just keep adding lol
  • Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This place looks beautiful! I am LOVING the ceiling, how cool is that?! Lighting is gorgeous as well. You found a winner girl, it's going to look amazing!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha no worries! That is awesome, its such a special day already so why not make it even more special?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is beautiful. How many guests are you expecting? This is a very large hall.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, it defiantly feels like a HUGE weight off the planning!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't wait, I'm probably going to just be calling the Hall to borrow the keys just to stand in it 😂So far I plan to do uplighting cause the ceiling is so cool and we are "Bringing the woods inside", probably simple branch displays with the fairy lights.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! And sorry I was being a creep on your profile and saw your keeping your original anniversary, so are we 😁 so cool and ya I think it just makes the day that much more special for the couple, Congrats
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is a beautiful location and will look amazing once everything is in there and decorated.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a gorgeous venue! Congrats on knocking something off your to-do list!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

WOW this looks beautiful!! I am also having a winter wedding in March 2018!

Happy planning!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics