Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Curious May 2022 Ontario

I am shy and my fiancé can't stand for long periods of time - ideas on what I could do for my wedding ceremony?

Jamie, on September 8, 2019 at 00:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I want something short and sweet. I also don't want my fiance standing to long

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on September 11, 2019 at 10:48
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Find an officiant online! tell them you want it short! my gf is doing a 10-15 min ceremony and mine will be 1 hour (im religious)! but you can totally pick. check weddingwire for some im sure there are officiants on here!

• Jamie
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for your advice and support.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your officiant can make your wedding as long or as short as you wish. It can be will you? Will you? Then the officiant can do a prayer or have a small speech and your done.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my Fiancé just want a short simple "do you wanna marry him/her? ya! ok, kiss!" type ceremony. We are aiming for 15 min. tops! Just had to ask the officiant that we hired and he said he can make it work! Helps that we aren't doing personal vows - if you are still wanting to do those then I suggest writing letters for the day of to each other or doing a first look and reading them to each other during that.

• Jamie
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best thing about a wedding is you can do whatever you and your FH want! Talk to your officiant about keeping it short and sweet, or maybe having chairs available.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The timing for weddings isn't long to stand lasting 20 - 30 minutes max. Altering to personal vows if it takes longer, ask if he can sit on a chair if that would be more comfortable. Customizing your wedding is possible as long as you both are good with the idea and the Officiant is ok with it too.

• Jamie
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, for your advice.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most officiants can tailor your ceremony to the time you wish. There is very little that actually NEEDS to be said to make a marriage legally binding. (In Alberta, there are only two sentences that need to be said by each person and witnessed by the marriage commissioner and two witnesses.) Check on the requirements for the province where you're getting married but ceremonies don't have to be long at all. Smiley smile

• Jamie
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Officiant, my partner is not religious.

Thank you for responding

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Are you having a religious ceremony or an officiant? Perhaps you can speak to the person performing it if there is any way they can accommodate you. My officiant has told us that most ceremonies shouldn't be more than 20-30 minutes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics