Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liga
Devoted June 2021 Quebec

i am canceling my 2020 wedding!

Liga, on May 2, 2020 at 20:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

I can say, that I am officially canceling my wedding for 2020. and we have changed our date for 2021.06.24. The same date, the same place, but different year. Since we already gave people invitations, I dont know if we will send out new invitations. And wedding is small anyway with 25-30 people. I will call to everyone to advice about booking next year date!

So far all the vendors have been easy going, I still need to contact two vendors, which I will do next week! Since we have made money deposits to all of them, so I ask all of them to send me new contract with new date!

What about you? How is going you rescheduling with vendors?

Are you still planing wedding in 2020?

My biggest problem for wedding during quarantine, was my family, who would need to fly from Europe to Canada! And when the border will be open, we don't know!

P.S. With all this quarantine, I have gain weight, so now I dont need to worry to loose it for this year wedding! Smiley smile

I have full year to loos itSmiley smile

I wish to everyone to stay positive during this strange times and wishing good health!

i am canceling my 2020 wedding! 1

WEDDING 2021 see you soon Smiley smile

17 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 8, 2020 at 21:54
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It makes sense you has to reschedule since your family is coming from Europe. I hope you've been able to get a hold of your Brazillian dancers.

We are still planning to have our wedding as it's quite small. Worst case it will just be us and witnesses but we are hoping we can still have our 30 guests. Fingers crossed!
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Marissa...You are changing Summer wedding to Spring wedding!

My vendors have been nice as well! Only the biggest vendor, which is the location and food together, advised us, he can't guarantee the same price, if the price go up in 2021, it is what it is! I kept the same month and date!

Congratulations with the new wedding dateSmiley smile Smiley love

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've got everything rescheduled now! The last thing to get changed was our honeymoon. I was on edge worried we'd be flying when we shouldn't be or lose what we paid but we have a credit now to reschedule. All of our vendors were great and were available for the new date we chose (8/8/20 to 4/24/21). We did end up having a legal marriage and I let people know. I was worried that would make people not want to attend if we're already married but everyone was fine with it Smiley smile I still can't help but worry if my new date is going to be affected by the pandemic, but no one can predict that so guess I'll hope for the best!
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelcie...I think that corona virus is just learning how to be much more patient, calm, easy going, not everything is in our hands.

So, there is nothing else left, than to be positive and accept situation!

Anyway, I already have gain weight, so I dont feel anymore for wedding in JuneSmiley laugh

Now I have new problems and new plans, to loose the weightXD and just to be able to get back to our everyday life! Smiley shame

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amanda...HySmiley smile Yes think happen for reason and for better! Since I need to bring people from Europe it becomes mission impossible!

What about your wedding? If you dont have guests from other country I think wedding still can happen! I think it is still realistic!

I still have one more vendor to contact, I am not so sure, if that will go well! Brazilian dancers! Since they are small company, with poor communication service!

But all vendors have been more than nice to change the date!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Amelia...Oh your wedding is in October, but you want to change it anyway?

Yes, when we need to receive guests from other countries, it becomes too risky to have wedding during this time!

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Kelsie...Thanks! I think if our guests would be only from Canada, I still would have chance to do wedding! But with people coming from Europe, I am in different situation! I just need to keep thinking positive, things happen for reason and for the best! Smiley love

If I would be in your shoes, I also would wait! Since your guests are only from Canada and it is in July!Smiley smile

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ashley...If my wedding would be in August, I would also still wait!Smiley love

• Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Vinod...That thing of plane and hotels, is my and my husband responsibility. So our guests will not need to book or cancel anything! Our guests are only responsible to be there! Smiley smileBut when you need to bring people from other country during this times it could be a big problem for the wedding! We still dont know when borders will be open and for sure each country will open they doors in different time and with different rules! I keep sayon, all what happens, happens for reason! Something better is coming! Smiley smile

I know few of guests have bought their dresses, so they just need to keep the same weight till next year, to fit in themSmiley laugh

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great move on the postposement and getting in touch with your team as they are working with you. Your family and friends will be happy to know they have lots of time to make rearrangements for their travel and hotel.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww man this sucks you had to postpone. but thats good everyone has been flexible. im still holding on that we can get married in august!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m sorry you had to postpone your wedding! We’re still holding out hope for July as most of our guests are from the area.

You’ll have the perfect wedding next year when all of this is over!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our premier announced this week that our border to PEI (which also has few cases and I almost completely recovered) won't open until at least July. To me that means the US border isn't likely to be open this year or until there's a vaccine. I could be wrong of course. My fiance and I discussed the hoops we thought his family might need to jump through as well, like quarantine in NB for 2 weeks after entering, and potentially being turned away at the border on their way in or out of Canada. Waiting until July wasn't making as much sense anymore, and honestly I'm not upset that we're changing our plans, it feels right to elope and have a private moment.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no, are you for sure eloping? Thought you were waiting till July. I thought you guys would be fine since you have a relatively small wedding and NB isn't hit as hard. There's even talks in the different provinces about opening up.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I called our photographer this week and she was wonderful! We want to elope on our 2020 date and have the reception on our anniversary in 2021 and she is giving me a new quote and verifying her availability for next fall for us. Since the eloping can happen at any time of day I've asked her opinion on the best light for photos as well.

Once she gets back to me I'll reach out to our venue about moving the date and make sure our cake deposit can be moved as well. I'm really glad we don't have a ton of vendors to get a hold of.
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Liga, I remember our wedding dates being ose to one another. I'm sorry to hear you have postponed but it sounds like it was for the best and now you have more time to plan and relax Smiley smile
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aw! Sorry you’ve had to make this difficult call. But it sounds like you’ve got a great outlook on things and are well on your way to a perfect celebration next year Smiley smile
    I’ve also postponed (August 2020 until August 2021) and luckily my vendors have been stellar and totally accommodating.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics