Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Helene
Beginner June 2019 Quebec

How to tell the bridesmaids I want a bachelorette party

Helene, on January 15, 2019 at 11:28 Posted in Before the wedding 0 6
I explain myself a little, i’m from france, getting married in canada , 90% of the guest are from france and arrived like 2-3 days before the wedding.

my fiancé already know he will have one cause all his guys allereday prépares everything.

but for me no clues, nobody talk about it , and i don’t know what to do.

indont know now if i want one cause , i have ideas from movies .... and like it’s a little wedding (47 personnes ) it’s not like 20 personnes à this party, i’m scared can be boring ....

bit im also scared if i don’t have one to be regretting after .

so what can i do , about it , and how to talk to the BM , with not adding stress and obligations? thanks for your help

6 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 16, 2019 at 23:35
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just talk to your girls and let them know that this is important to you! I like the suggestions Peggy made about things to do. It keeps things a little light and fun!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Talk to them about it casually to gauge their thoughts on having one.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just talk to them - there are so many things you can do with a small bachelorette party. Spa day with champagne? Paint night with cocktails? Escape room and dinner? Lots of options!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely talk to them about it and it can be as casual or elaborate as you want - just be mindful if your bridal party can't commit to a weekend trip or a lot of travelling.

Is it also a situation where you all live in france and bachelor/ette parties are more of a Western thing? It can be anything from a girls night out to a weekend retreat to a spa, or again, what ever you are thinking about.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! Let them know casually that you would love to celebrate a bachelorette with them before the wedding!

Or do what I did! Book a weekend away and let the girls know I've booked it and it's for my bachelorette! Hahaha!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want a bachelorette party then by all means you should let your bridesmaids know. They are in your wedding party so clearly you are close to them so it should be no big deal to ask "hey, so are we planning my bachelorette party yet? Because I have some ideas!".

I too am going to have one but all we will be doing is probably going out to drink and then coming home for games and wine - nothing major or that I can't do on any ordinary night but I will do so with a sash that says Bride and a tutu probably Smiley tongue

It shouldn't be stressful for anybody, it's just a girls night out after all.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics