Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

How to handle all the extra fabric day of? dress and veil trains help

Maegan, on October 6, 2019 at 15:49 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 7

So ladies, my dress has a very long train that i plan on adding a bustle too and I have a cathedral length veil. For photos before the ceremony (our first look and some wedding party photos) I will not be bustling my dress or removing my veil yet. Since I`ll have a very large bouquet I thought that my girls could just help me carry around the fabric to avoid it getting dirty, however, after being in a wedding party in august i realized once everyone has their own flowers and their own long dresses there is only so much help they can give, the photographer ended up helping the bride the most as we all kinda had our hands full.

This got me thinking; for my own wedding I have a few female cousins I`m very close with that I thought about asking if they would help and kinda be my dedicated train carriers when it comes to photos. Has anyone else had this dilemma and what did you do? Did you and your bridal party make it work, or did you ask someone who wasn't in the wedding party?

Any advice on how you managed all the fabric day of is much appreciated! TIA

7 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on October 8, 2019 at 14:40
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly theres gonna be so many people around that will fix it for you. you dont have to worry. your mom dad fh mom and fh dad soooo many people!

• Maegan
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks ladies! This has been stressing me out so much but you guys really helped me kinda think about this and just breathe and realize to just go with it day of!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My train was so long that I was able to bunch it up either under or over my arm while I walked. It worked out fine lol.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think between photographers, parents, bridesmaids, groomsmen, and your FH, there should be enough people to help organize the train and veil.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got married on Friday and used anyone that was available. My sister (MOH) helped a ton, my brother fluffed my dress.

For the most part when it was just me getting pictures taken, my photographer had his assistant to help me whenever I needed it. Then when we were doing couple pictures my husband actually carried it around, or he took my flowers and I carried it.

I really don't think you need to bring someone else in just to carry everything

• Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got married yesterday. And we managed with just the bridesmaids. Basically someone handed someone else their bouquets and then were free to help me move around.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't run into this before but I think if you have someone not in the wedding party you can count on that sounds like a good plan.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics