Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Eimear
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

How Much Wine

Eimear, on May 3, 2018 at 13:10 Posted in Wedding reception 0 12

I am really struggling with how much wine we should be buying for the wedding. We have 55 guest but of course not everyone drinks wine.

SO confused!!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kay, on May 8, 2018 at 12:17
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I read somewhere that it is generally calculated to 1 drink per person per hour. If you are just having wine with dinner, I would expect someone to have one-to-two glasses with dinner. 55 x 2 = 110 servings. 4 servings per bottle (750ml bottles). That's 28 bottles of wine.

Also, better to have too much wine and have some bottles leftover for cooking/drinking later on, than running out early!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My venue lets us bring in our own booze and they gave me an awesome chart on recommended quantities.
    For 50 guests it says 10 red 10 white of the 750 ml bottles.
    I personally would buy a but more (15 of each) and just make sure venue doesn't open them all so you can keep them or return them.
  • Mélanie
    Beginner June 2019 Quebec
    Mélanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that is my understanding too! About 1/2 bottle per person for dinner (if you have a cocktail between the ceremony and dinner and a party after dinner you have to consider getting more though!)
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We’re doing the equivalent to 2 bottles per table. We won’t have the wine on the tables though just at the bar.

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 140 guests, 120 of age. We have tables of 8 people, 20 tables, I am purchasing 60 bottles (half red, half white), starting 1 red, 1 white per table. There will be one more per table extra which can be put out as needed through dinner
  • Eimear
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How much do people generally spend per bottle? I have heard people putting the expensive stuff on the table and then the cheaper options behind the bar for later.

• Eimear
    Eimear ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This really helps thank you!!! We are keeping our bar pretty simple, no shots and no cocktails.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was also told to do half the amount of adult guests for wine. It doesn’t hurt to have a little extra just in case. We’re putting two bottles on every table but will have extras stocked at the bar as well
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've heard this too! Except with fewer people you might be safe with 1/3?

10 Red and 10 white? Maybe a few extras if you want to keep some for yourselves!

Generally there's 2 bottles on each table and plan to re-fill at least once!

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just got the bar summary from our venue from our wedding so i can give you exact numbers in our case. We had 73 people at our wedding, not all of them drink (choice or under age) and we went through 10 bottles of White and 8 bottles of Red. Our biggest numbers were domestic beer (57), Rye (50 glasses), Imported beer (34) then various in the low double digits of Rum, Vodka, Gin and drink mixes (orange juice, Clamato, Cranberry). Hope that helps.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense- also keeping in mind that some might prefer cocktails and whatnot.
  • Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was told 1/2 of total people. So if you have 60 guests do 30 bottles!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics