Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bethany
Super July 2018 Alberta

How much liquor does one buy? More or less?

Bethany, on March 18, 2018 at 13:03 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
I have attached the Costco price list for alcohol! My question for you is... If you are having for example 150 people and you know they aren't all going to be drinking, would you just go with the 125 amount. I don't mind running out of alcohol, haha that would be ideal. But I don't want to run out by 9pm lol. But I don't want to have to return a bunch of it as well. And I'm trying to budget as well. Let me know what you think!

How much liquor does one buy? More or less? 1

11 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on March 21, 2018 at 10:33
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep it’s in this one! Lol not sure if you’ve added your guest list yet but when you do you can select if they’re male, female or a child and the analyst section breaks it down for you on how many men, women and children you’ve invited. Smiley smile
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What’s this app you speak of??? Am I missing something I need to know about? Is it in this app somewhere hiding?? Lol tell me your secrets girl lol
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are doing it all through the lcbo because it is closer to our home. We are also asking people to take a poll on Facebook as to what alcohol they want us to buy so we have a better idea of numbers prior to buying
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm kind of thinking this but then I've been to a couple weddings and they went by these numbers and had to return so much. Plus the nearest Costco is two hours away for me so I'm a tad hesitant. I may just buy local but to be determined.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's my theory too! Plus I've been to two weddings in the last bit and they had to return a bunch! And if I say go to Costco and get the alcohol, I don't really want to have to return it as I live two hours away.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are personally buying more because we don't want to run out and have it kill the mood of the night or anything like that. We have no issues returning it knowing we will get the money back.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would buy for the 150 and just return the rest. I’ve been to a wedding where they ran out and had to go to the liquor store to purchase more alcohol. It’s totally up to you though! I liked that this app breaks down your guest by age, we’re having approximately 300 guests but 50 or 60 (I can’t remember right now) are kids so I obviously won’t be buying for them lol. I totally understand the budget aspect, we’re making our own wine to cut down on cost and will probably purchase from Costco as well. It’s working out to only be about $4 per bottle. Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think there are pros and cons for both but ultimately it is up to you.

Being able to return the unopened bottles is a nice safety net to have in case you don't use everything but costs you a bit more upfront.

You could buy less but as you say if you run out too early that might make your guests more inclined to leave early which you don't want either.

People will control themselves for the most part even with an open bar at a wedding. I would say that just in case you should have more than less.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I would buy less because I'm okay if we run out. But, you can always return the unopened bottles so if you want to play it safe, go for more.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would purchase extra if I were you and just return what you gave as extra. Better too much than too little. People are adults are should be able to handle themselves at a wedding with an open bar.
  • Jessica
    Curious July 2020 New Brunswick
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you can buy less ....in my opinion i better to miss a little alcool...than having probleme with people getting too drunks

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics