Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rosalyn
Devoted August 2018 Alberta

How much/how many?

Rosalyn, on January 21, 2018 at 15:04 Posted in Alberta 0 37
Hey Ladies (And gents)

I’m curious to know peoples wedding budgets! I feel like I’m on point with average wedding costs (especially with the location) but my fiancé is feeling like we are high!

48-50 people $17,000-18,000 budget (including our accommodations etc) in the Mountains. Our photographer is definitely the highest price point, but super happy with her because she has been incredible !

37 Comments

Latest activity by Tricia, on April 28, 2019 at 17:56
  • T
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Tricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Jennifer! We want to have a similar type farm wedding, what venue did you go with?!

• T
    Newbie August 2020 Alberta
    Tricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Lyla,

We're planning our Alberta wedding now, wondering where you had yours for such a good price!

• LISA
    Newbie September 2019 Alberta
    LISA ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone getting married in Canmore / Banff / Lake Louise area, what is your venue? We are looking at bout 30-40 people and budget of $15K. For some reason I'm finding this difficult.

thanks!!!

• Tasha
    Curious April 2019 Alberta
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's nice to see that other people's budgets are similar to mine and my fiance's! We seem to be looking at between 10,000 and 12,000 for about 85 people here in Edmonton, and it's honestly stressing me out a lil, though my hubby-to-be is cool as a cucumber about it! Glad to see that it's pretty standard/mid-range!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are at $31,000 for 100 people, not including honeymoon or rings.... BUT the only thing I’ve actually booked is the venue. So I won’t know the actual costs until everything else is booked. But for our corkage, dinner and late snack it’s over $13,000 plus we have to buy our own alcohol. I really think now I should work harder to get numbers down. Haha.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 100-120 guests and we are sitting at $12 000 for our total including everything but my dress cost +/- a corsage or two

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having approximately 86 people at our wedding, and our budget is $15,000 (which I know we will be over budget, just not sure by how much). My fiancé feels like our budget is high as well, but I'm only getting married once Smiley laugh . My parents have also offered to help cover some of our expenses, including the photographer and some of the catering, so we feel very blessed!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget is $12000. And my fiancé thinks that is way too much. This is for 110 people. I have made sure that we will be way under by doing a lot of things myself. And knowing people to do certain things. I have friend only charging me $30 for a small cake so that is a huge cost gone.
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is high. Our budget is $30,000. the reception (includes food, drinks, decorations, plates and cutlery) is $35,000. My parents want to pay half of it, so we are very grateful.

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have about 60 guest, and our budget is at $14,500 for everything -venue (includes catering and alcohol), decorations, flowers, gifts, our outfits (not including wedding party, they're paying for their own), photography, cake, DJ, officiant/license, invitations, favours and rings.

My parents are gifting us the honeymoon, so that's not included and the venue is local so we're just going home after.

We've tried to buy most of the decorations on Amazon and AliExpress - super good prices - and some of the stuff I'm going to try to re-sell after.

I think we're in the low end of the average, specially for Toronto.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is 130 people for roughly 12000 ( not including our honey moon or liquor)
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our total out of pocket expenses will likely be between ****$. Wedding is in Edmonton.

We are having 175-200 people. We're laid back and more interested in a fun event than fancy. We are doing a catered dinner (taco buffet to go with our 'beach' theme!), catered midnight supper (gourmet hot dog buffet), HUGE (100+ pounds) candy buffet, popcorn buffet, DJ for an all night dance, ceremony at a church and reception at a hall.

Biggest costs have definitely been the catering (about 4500$ of our budget) and photography (2000&dollarSmiley winking.

I've kept it this low by buying décor second hand as I find it instead of renting (so I can resell it afterwards) - by doing this, my décor budget should come in well under 500$ out of pocket.

Our budget doesn't include our honeymoon or alcohol (we're doing a 2$ bar)

• Mandi
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Mandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having approx 225 guests and our budget is $30,000 nt including alcohol.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $25,000-$30,000 (closer to 30 I’d say) approx 300 guests maybe more. We’re having a farm wedding. The tent, caterer, videography and photography have been the most expensive.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

32 people- we came in around ****?

That included my dress and our hotel room (2 nights), plus the room for my MOH and the best man.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 110-120 people at our wedding and everything included will be just over $12,000. That is for our outfits, florists, photographer, videographer, catering, accomodations, gifts for parents + wedding party, transportation, decorations, officiant, DJ, rings, favours and the venue. The only thing this doesn't include is pet boarding but that won't be much more and the honeymoon because we have decided when/where we will honeymoon.

• Vanessa
    Newbie June 2020 Alberta
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like I’m going way over with everything but our budget does include our month long honeymoon! My costs are 25 thousand for a weekend wedding, my venue is 12 thousand but that comes with a bartender, they make our floral arrangements, a wedding planner, accommodations and the ceremony and reception are on the 144 acres! My guests can bring rvs or tents to crash in so no drinking and driving! I cut my costs of the photographer because we know them (400) for the whole weekend. We don’t have to do much decorating because they offer it! But the food is going to cost **** and we would supply our own liquor and then get money back with a toonie bar. I feel like I can’t cut costs any more then I have but I still feel like I’m paying so much more for only 50 people.
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having 50 people and its 98/person that includes buffet dinner and 4 hour open bar and cocktail hour. i get a room for free on my wedding night and my ceremony and reception are at the same place so the 98 includes those costs. i also am getting a dj through my venue so its only going to cost me 700 for them. i am also having a friday evening wedding that lowers the cost as well and my wedding is in 28 days.

my daughters bf is a photographer so he gave me a discounted price of 1000

i have done alot of things myself. such as my flowers and centerpieces also the decorating.

my dress cost 1300.

we actually did everything as cost effective as we could. and we are happy with the over all cost.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're spending around $30,000 - $35,000 for about 150 guests. This is on a Sunday in the summer and we are having a 4 course meal, cocktail hour, 8-hour open bar, and two late-night stations.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

17,500 for food/venue for 200 people (we got a winter price so verrrry happy with this for such a large group of guests).

Photog was 2,500, DJ 600, hair and make up 150 a person.

There will also be costs for flowers/decor/dress, etc. coming up too of course.

Sucks because will ALWAYS be expensive for such a big group of people, but overall happy with costs for the size.

• Ally
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m doing it at Tunnel Mounrain Reservoir, there is a rental fee for the land though because it’s Town of Banff property!! I think it’s about $400? I could be wrong!
  • Bridget
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Ally!Smiley smile Are you also having your ceremony in the same room? or another location?

• Ally
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They do! For the smaller rooms it’s $600 or $300. Buffet is around $56-70 depending on what you’d like. On their website you can look up their wedding PDF that has all the pricing and details!
  • Bridget
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ally,

Did your venue have a rental fee for the space?

• Bridget
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds beautiful!

• Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I went with a photographer that a few friends have used for their weddings and loved. She has actually been a bit of a planner for me as well. Based out of Calgary. She is a bit on the higher end $3700. I met with some that were in the $**** price point but their style of shooting I wasn’t in love with.
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We looked there! It was booked for our wedding date 😞
  • Rosalyn
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are in Canmore! Getting married in a park, reception at Murrietas, cake, photographer, helicopter (I splurged a bit). It’s crazy how my budget went from 14000 to 18000!!!
  • Ally
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In Banff!! Buffalo Mountain Lodge is my venue and it’s really affordable.
  • Bridget
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HI Ally!

Are you getting married in Jasper or Banff? My budget is also close $10,0000 - $12,000 for 45-50 people.

• Bridget
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Ladies (and gents)!

I am curious to know where you are getting married at? In Jasper or Banff? How much are you paying for a photographer?

• Ally
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in the mountains this July and we will be spending about $10,000 for the same amount of people! We found a venue that's stunning on it's own and aren't decorating at all, which I've found cuts quite a bit of costs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics