Jenni
Newbie August 2020 British Columbia

How much did you spend on photography?

Jenni, on 11/August/2019 at 23:17 Posted in Plan a wedding
I’m having a budget for $20k for the wedding. Most of the photography packages I find are around $3k-$4.5k range. Photography is super important to me, so I don’t mind paying abit more for it. But my fiancé thinks that’s way too much. I also want videography, but that’s another $3k at least.
How much do u guys spend on photography. And how much was ur wedding budget?
Share:

57 Comments

• Stephanie
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    Our wedding budget is 30K for the parts we're paying for (everything except invites, cake and my dress as those are a gift from my mom 😊). Our budget for photo&video was 5K total between the two, our photo is just under 2000 and the videographer we're looking into is coming out to about 3000 or potentially less 🤞

We're looking into Fresh Canadian Content for video and I think they potentially travel out west (I'm just above Toronto), in case you want to look into them. Good luck! 😁
  • Denise
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Denise ·
    Mirror Form Photography is great! She has a bunch a packages ranging in price, to fit all budgets ! She’s such a phenomenal photographer! Especially if you like things a little more artsy!
  • Katrin
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Katrin ·

I used Rob Lloyd for my photos. He's a star. I think he costs about $1800 and he's everyone we could have dreamed of! Here's his website: https://roblloyd.ca/

• M
    Newbie May 2020 Alberta
    MariaJake ·

Atmosphere Photography and Living the Dream Event Rentals for videography. They were at out friends wedding 4 weeks ago and they have all the footage/ photos back already ans they are BEAUTIFUL

• Tegan
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Tegan ·

We're hoping to spend ~2k for photography. We've potentially found someone who is just getting started in the business, but has great reviews, so here's hoping that works out!

• Sarah
    Devoted August 2020 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    View quoted message
    Yurko Photography! We just did our engagement photo session last night. She is excellent
  • Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    We spent $3000 (plus we had to pay for her meal!), but I don’t regret it for a second. She does beautiful work, is extremely professional, made us feel comfortable, and I’m confident in the quality of photographs ☺️

You need to ultimately go with your gut since I’ve heard so many horror stories about the photographer being garbage (within any price range).
  • Rachel-Anne
    Beginner June 2020 Ontario
    Rachel-Anne ·
    View quoted message
    Melissa Jane photography
  • A
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    View quoted message
    Erin Medeiros Photography, she is out of cambridge
  • Anne-Marie
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Anne-Marie ·
    View quoted message

Mind sharing who you went with?! Thanks!

• Anne-Marie
    Anne-Marie ·
    View quoted message

Hey! who are you going with?

• Anne-Marie
    Anne-Marie ·
    View quoted message

Hey Amanda -- would you mind sharing the name?

• Sarah
    Devoted August 2020 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    We are paying under $800 for all day because we booked a DJ/photographer duo.I would love to say our budget is $13,000 but I honestly have no clue as I have picked stuff up here and there.I am guessing I’m under that budget right now but I won’t know for sure until after we say I do next year lol.
  • Michelle
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Michelle ·

We have a budget of $20K and we're spending 27K on a photographer for the day. Second shooter and full day coverage. We're in AB.. My fiance thought it was a lot at first too, but after looking at quality, we agreed it was worth the money.

• Shannon
    Frequent user September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    Jenny. I apologize for calling you Cassie
  • Shannon
    Frequent user September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    Hello Cassie and Congratulations.
    We paid $2,600 with the option to add more time if we want at no extra cost..
    We skipped the videographer. Just did not fit in the budget.
    Personally I think 2 photographers is plenty.
    You could ask a student at a college or a friend maybe. That's what I was thinking of doing.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles