Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Curious August 2022 Ontario

How much dessert is too much?

Emily, on December 9, 2019 at 22:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

We have a mini cheesecake bar- 12 different flavours. Where I am struggling is how much to order- should I order assuming all guests will eat the cheesecake? I ordered 2 dozen of each flavour (24 dozen). We have 130 guests so that equates to about 2 per person. I don't think this is enough at all but also don't want 8 million leftover cheesecakes.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Anna, on December 11, 2019 at 11:34
  • A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you will have leftovers with that much. I would reduce the count. I personally never eat dessert at weddings (don't really have a sweet tooth and prefer to hold out for savory late night) and there's a decent amount of people who do the same.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not everyone will eat the cheesecake or they will have a couple bites of one. i would probably order 1 dozen of each flavor. you can also contact a dessert place and ask them what the standard is. i know some of my family members dont eat many sweets so i feel it would be wasted for me

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What I would suggest is actually reducing the selection and then also reducing the quantity. I think planning for 1.5 per guest would be plenty but it is more difficult with so much choice because you don't know which flavour will be popular and which flavour(s) may not go over as well. Also, I think 12 flavours may be a bit overwhelming for dessert.

If you reduced the options to, say 6 flavours, you could get 3 dozen of each. Or even reduce the options to 4 and get 4 dozen of each. I think that would allow you to reduce the overall number of desserts while also ensuring people will get the flavour they want.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it's just for your meal, I'd only order one per guest.

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dessert for the meal! We do have late night though

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very good point!

Perhaps a couple extra dozen is worth the peace of mind

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I say your good for what you have ordered and not more. Quarter of the guests don't eat desserts so that will leave more for others to grab at the opportunity.

I find its always best to order quarter to half the amount of dessert to save on wastage as you said and the cost.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds good to me as long as you have a late night snack as well set up! Like the others said - you will have some people who don't like cheesecake, some will only have a slice, and then if it's left out you will have the drunk people eat it as a snack Smiley tongue With that being said, as long as you have a late night snack you should be fine!

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that’s probably enough. Two pieces can be filling and that’s assuming everyone attending likes cheesecake.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds like enough to me. I personally can't eat a whole "normal" sized slice of cheesecake so the mini ones are usually the perfect size in my opinion. But then you have people like FH where cheesecake is their absolute favourite lol. If this is the dessert that comes after dinner then I'd say it's plenty, especially if you're also having a late night snack at some point. But I get the stress of feeling like you don't have enough, so why not order another couple dozen and then you can easily donate any leftovers the next day if you feel so inclined or tell your wedding party/immediate family that if there's a lot leftover that they're welcome to take some home
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Is this as your dessert for your meal or at late night option?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics