Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

How much are you paying your photographer?

Zoë, on May 17, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

Hi lovely brides!

Choosing a photographer is a important step during the planning. You have to like there style + be able to find one within your budget.

Were you surprised when you saw the prices? Smiley smile

How much are you paying?

How much are you paying your photographer? 1

pinterest

15 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 18, 2017 at 01:19
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$2500 for two photographers and engagement session.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3250 including our engagement session but our photographer is amazing!
  • Nakita
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Nakita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm paying $860 that's with two photographers, for the whole day and that includes my engagement shoot
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying $2700 and that includes our engagement shoot. She's worth every penny. I received bother higher and lower quotes and the work wasn't as great as hers! So I'm really Happy!
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a very good friend who is skilled doing it for us. for 1500$ we are getting 2 photographers and almost a full day of videography
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We opted not to have a photographer... We will have different family members with photography skills shoot different aspects of the day.
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend is doing our Photo's so my cost is nothing. some food and of course I will give him a few $$.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have two photographers for 7 hours and a free photobooth for booking with her. We also got a 15% discount on our engagement photo session. It cost us $1795 and then $150 for the engagement session. She has been great so far and I am so happy with our choice!

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was surprised at how extreme the prices were for some photographers. We opted for a local husband and wife photography company that gives us 8 hours with 2 photographers and includes unlimited locations and an engagement shoot for just under $2000.

• N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have an aquaintace who is a professional (i.e. magazines and other things), he gave us a quote of $2500, but I'm not sure is that an average price, or should I look around more, he did a friends of ours a couple years ago, and they were very happy with the pictures. I just know if price is reasonable for ceremony, photoshoot after, and reception. Cermony and photos at same location.

He just told me I get

you will have me all day/ night. If you want me to shoot you and your girls getting ready in the am thats fine...of course the ceremony, post ceremony photos, reception...pretty much everything. Usually 100 + photos....fully edited

• Sabrina
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was lucky. My brothers friend is a videographer and he is doing pictures and video for $700.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some family friends will be our photographers and one was actually hired for us as a wedding gift and the other is giving us a big discount so all in all I think we are paying less than $500.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I knew it could be pricey but I thought most would be max 2000$. I was surprised that the majority were 4000+! I got mine for 1900. Still way more than I wanted but photos are the most important thing to me so I didn't want to cheap out too much
  • Carly
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are booking our package over the next few weeks but here's our breakdown, for $5,500 cash:

1. Photography

- 12 hours coverage

- 2 photographers

- engagement shoot

2. Videography

- 12 hours coverage

- 3 staff

- same day edit

- drone at one location

- all video footage on a USB that we provide

includes $200 in travel cost

I think we got a pretty sweet deal!

• Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My photographer is actually also a good friend, so I'm getting a smokin' deal at $465

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics