Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How many kids are on your guest list?

Joey, on April 25, 2019 at 08:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 42

Are you including kids at your wedding? How many kids are you inviting? What are the range of ages of your youngest guests? Are you having a special kids menu, or kids entertainment?

How many children are on your guest list?

How many kids are on your guest list? 1

Photo by White Watermelon Event Design in Oshawa

42 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on September 7, 2019 at 20:09
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had our 2 kids there who are 14 and 11. At the 11th hour when we decided to invite our families we did extend that to our twin niece and nephew who are 8 but they couldn't attend because they had school the next day.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Seven. Our three nephews, and two of my cousin's each have two daughters (two of which are flower girls)
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

21 kids in total to invite, but there's a good chance that half of them won't come There are a few divorced and re-married couples who might leave their kids with their ex because they are flying in (and that can get expense with 3-4 kids!).

It's a wide range of ages youngest will be about 18 months and the oldest around 12 years old. The majority of them are between 5-7 years old.

Not sure about a special kids menu, but I want to do Kid kits (like loot bags) of little things like a colouring book, crayons, etc. for the younger ones. We're having some party games on a Switch/projector (Mario Party/Kart), so that should interest the older ones.

• Nikki
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was a big topic for us... I wanted zero kids at the wedding but he has more kids in his family. We decided to keep it 18+ except for his 2 young nieces who are coming, and any mammas who are breastfeeding. I think there will be about 4 total under 10.
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If we invited everyone’s kids there would be about 30 on the list.. so we cut it down to just family. I am super confident that our friends won’t want to bring their kids and want the night out anyway . We have two of our own so we had to find a middle ground. Just a couple of cousins are bringing kids so there should be less than 10.
  • Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are inviting kids Smiley smile we have two of our own that will be there and part of the wedding. don't find it fair that our two are allowed there but we ask everyone else to find babysitters

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've left it open-ended for parents to bring their children. So far, I know of 4 children definitely coming.

• Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5. Our two children and my sisters three. They’ll range from 1-10 in age.
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 1 child - our flower girl (3 1/2) and 3 babies. We kept our guest list to grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and close friends. If we had invited cousins our kid count would go up and we would have then had to decide whether to invite kids. This way worked out awesome in not having to even deal with the subject.
  • Ariel
    Newbie August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Ariel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have two young kids coming (both under 3) one is our little and the other is my bridesmaids little boy. The only other kids are my two cousins and they are over 10 but under 16
  • L
    Curious August 2021 Alberta
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    14, and the list is growing, we are getting married in a little over a year and have at least one friend expecting at the moment. Most of the children are under 5, so it will be very exciting keeping them entertained. We have a small daughter so she will have fun with all her friends.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have 7 kids at our wedding, with four of them in the wedding party (1 ring bearer and 3 flower girls)! The youngest will be around 3 (I think?), and the oldest will be 11. We aren't doing a kids menu. All the kids are used to eating "adult food" when they go out with their parents, so there's no need.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t want kids at our wedding but people just decide on their own that they’re bringing their kids 🙄 Can’t really say no to a breastfeeding baby and my FH doesn’t know how to say no either. So we have a newborn, 7,12,15 year old. We aren’t doing anything extra for them. We will probably have a smaller meal for the 7, 12 yr old and the newborn doesn’t need one.
  • Claire
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No guest kids just immediate family so total 3.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had from my side of the family about 8 and 5 showed up. My SIL didn't want her kids at my wedding due to Christian believes as same as her sister/brother in law. They felt it wasn't something they wanted to show their faces on my day.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Total kids attending will be 7- and 5 will be in the wedding

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About 8 as we are young and the oldest of our siblings it was going to happen. They will range from 3-13.
  • A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've got 18 kids invited....I've got four, my MOH has four, I've got three nieces and nephews and my cousin has four. All others like our friends we didn't include the kids because it would have just been way too many for the size of our venue.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited children. We had 10 show up but had 21 on our invite list. 3 families didn’t come and 2 left their children with family. The children ranged in age from 8 months to 16 years.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    11 kids ranging in age from 2 months old to 16
  • Melissa
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our guests will be travelling from out of town so we will be inviting all of our guests kids. Our invite list is at about 16 kids under 12 (though that number might grow since people seem to keep having more babies). We're having a buffet so there will be no special kid-specific menu.

We'd like to have some activities/fun things for the kids like bubbles (for our outdoor ceremony)/colouring books/etc, and my FMIL has said that she would like to help put that together so hopefully that will keep them somewhat entertained.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None under the age of 14. We'll have a kid meal option though since a couple of those (and an adult or two) are picky eaters.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll have 5, our siblings and very close first cousins who will all be over 12 anyway. I love kids but I think that they get pretty bored during weddings.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1, our son.
    The next youngest is my FHs cousin and he's 15 so I don't count that as a kid.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

4: two are first cousins (and teens), the other two are our flower girl and ring bearer!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We agreed that the only kids that would be at our wedding would be my younger siblings and our cousins, everyone else who has kids are so happy to have the night away the kids that they can relax and enjoy.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None... but apparently my sister-in-law thinks her daughter, our flower girl, is exempt from the no-kids rule? The MOH saga continues... I actually don't mind that much, because she's a baby, but I feel bad because I can't think it will be very fun for her or for whoever is assigned the task of looking after her by her mother.

• Caitlin
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not having any kids at ours the youngest person will be 18
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having 5 kids at the wedding, 2 are our niece and nephew (aged 6 and 1) and three are older teens (cousins, aged 14-17).

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided on no young children at our wedding. My FH husband has cousin's who are teenagers, so they will be included (the youngest is 15). I used to be a nanny for 2 kids and they are still part of my life, so I have included them, but they are 12 and 14. So 5 teens in total, no young children.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t have a final number yet because I’m trying to limit the number of kids we invite but the number will likely be under 10, with ages being 1 year to 16 years.
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still finalizing our guest list but we will be around 10-12 from 20 months to teenage. We will have a kids meal, probably chicken fingers and fries. I would like to do a kids table, with crayons and wedding coloring sheets and a candy table near by.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics