Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How long have you known each other for?

Emilie, on January 30, 2017 at 06:25 Posted in Before the wedding 0 141

Hi wonderful ladies and gents!

Did you know from the first day you met? Or did it take a while before you realized that you were in love with each other? Smiley surprise

Next question >> What is the name of your SO?

141 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on October 5, 2021 at 13:10
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Trevor and I met online back in 2016, I knew then that he was the one for me. Over the years, we kept in touch. A couple months into 2020, Trevor asked me out on a dinner date. I was thrilled to accept, and from there its history! Trevor is my rock and I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with him! Smiley heart

• D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been together for 2 years. We met online via EHarmony and after a few weeks of chatting (both using their app and messaging), we met in person and knew pretty fast it was love, within a few months.
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically knew him in the 90s. Met in 2013 and we started talking about kids and marriage on the first date. After about a month we realized I was friends with his little sister during elementary.
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have known each other for 10 years but only started dating 2.5 years ago. It all happened very quickly- but we moved in together in under a year and got engaged at 15 months- with a quick wedding date in mind.... but thanks to Covid we will be together for almost 3.5 years before our wedding happens 😂
  • Clare
    Frequent user August 2021 Manitoba
    Clare ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have known each other for 8 years & we have not been apart since then
  • Heather
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For my FH and I it took a month at least for me. I was getting out of a mentally abusive relationship, and no where near looking for someone I could call mine. After a month and seeing the way my FH treated me that is when I knew he was the one I wanted to be with. He was patient with me, and he always had a calm tone. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to come in my life.

• Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have known eachother since elementary school dated grade 7&8 broke up and got back together grade 11 and have been together since, 12 years and counting ❤️
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been dating for 3 1/2 years. I knew he was the one after our first year of dating, and he proposed the second year. We knew what we wanted and everything just fell in place so beautifully.

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Known each other for 7 years, been together for 6!

• Rebecca
    Beginner October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve known each other since 2011. But apparently I met him earlier (I don’t recall but he does) Then in March 2012 we started talking a little here and there and eventually he was a little more persistent about hanging out. And we started dating about a month later. He’s my first and only boyfriend, I was 18 when we started dating so I waited for the right one. Got engaged on December 24 2019! I never was one to think about marriage. Never thought much about a wedding. Never thought we’d make it through my college years lol but here we are.
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've really known each other since 2007 but didn't meet and start dating until 2009 - the start of high school for the both of us. We've been together ever since! We are each others' first and only and we're coming up on 11 years together! By the time we get married, it would be our 12th year together.

• Margaret
    Curious December 2021 Ontario
    Margaret ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in 2008, working at a movie theatre for part-time jobs when we were in high school. We started dated officially on January 28 2019 (we were only 16!). We’ve gone through 2 graduations together (highschool and university), found our careers (he’s in IT and I work in the government), bought our first home together in 2018 (at age 26) and we’ve travelled every year. He proposed on December 23 2019 (a month before our 11th anniversary). I’m so glad we took our time to accomplish our goals and now we are planning our wedding for 2021 Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been together since 2013. This year we'll go to the next level!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve known each other for 5 years now but I actually hated him the day we met 😂 took about a week of his persistence for me to finally go on a date with him and 8 months to say I love you. Sometimes slow and steady is best 🤷🏼‍♀️😂
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were introduced by friends in July 2009, ten years later and we're engaged!

We went on out first date about a week after we met and spent a lot of the last ten years dating long distance. I'm so glad we made it through the distance, sometimes seeing him everyday still feels weird after living together for a few years!
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in 2012 at school

Started dating in 2014

We got engaged in June 2017

We will be married Sept 2018

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Met 2009
    Together since 2010
    Engaged dec 25 2017
    marriage 2020

we have a 3.5 year old daughter.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started chatting on PlanetRomeo October 2013 and met in November in Oakville at my place. Christmas day was celebrated in his home and his dog Peanut who was a wonderful loving boy passed away June 4, 2015. On my birthday In January 2014, he gave me a gate card to his home which was a great feeling. May 2014, I moved in his home and we lived together in Alliston onwards. From that time till the wedding was 3 3/4 years time frame. and now coming to 1 year in 2 weeks time August 25.

• A
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my fiancee 18 years ago. We weren't too sure about each other at first, bur soon became best friends.

It wasn't until 5 years ago that our feelings for each other started to change. We've now been together "officially" for 4 years.

• Gabrielle
    Newbie October 2018 Quebec
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were 15 and 16 when we met, dated for 2 months in high school. We got together for real at 18 and 19 and it's been almost 9 years. So we met each other 12 years ago!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 years Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH & I met many many years ago... when we were 4 years old in Kindergarten Smiley smile We started dating in grade 12 at 17 years old. We have now been engaged since last April, just celebrated our 12 year anniversary together & are getting married in September of this year Smiley heart

• H
    Beginner February 2018 Ontario
    Haley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on our first day of university (our rooms were side by side). I was in a relationship at the time, but we became best friends instantly. We started dating 2.5 years after.

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was 16 when i met him and I think it took about a year for me to realize hes the one i wanted. I was dating someone else at the time, but still knew he was so amazing... i actually tried setting him up with my friends at the time because of this. Even though i was so young, i was still in a pretty brutal relationship , and my FH was always there to talk me through it.. eventually i realized that i was crazy for sticking with that boyfriend when i had the most amazing person right in front of me.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in September 2007 in grade 7 and then became friends in September 2009 and then dating in September 2010 Smiley smile

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in June 2016, bought our house October 2016 and new from then on that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together, he proposed Oct 7 2017 Smiley smile we are getting married June 2 2018! Our wedding it a couple weeks before our 2 year anniversary

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met May 2016 I was seeing someone else but it just happened to end on the day we met, relationship began a month later. And June 2017 we got engaged. It wasn't love at first sight but it definitely didn't take long to know. I was in love with him around September 2016 bit we didn't say the three special words till beginning of October 2016. Then next thing you know, 4 months into our relationship we were living together.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been together two and a half years. Our wedding is actually 2 days before our third anniversary! We met through my brother, went on a date the next week. And, after that date, I knew I wanted to marry him!

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh man... LOL

WELLLLL we've known each other three years.

First two years, I had another boyfriend. My now FH and I were best friends. We went to law school together and got paired together for a group project. From that point on we were inseparable. We always studied together, hung out on weekends, knew each other's families, and he was always there to talk when my ex and I got in a fight lol. Everyone always told me my FH had a crush on me but I kinda just brushed it off. He was my best friend and was way too respectful to ever try and get in the way of my then bf and I.

The day my ex and I broke up, my FH was with me. I literally cried on his shoulder.

THEN school ended... Three months later I visited and a couple drinks later we kissed. Next day he literally cried to me and professed his love to me. Told me he's loved me since we met and he's always wanted to be with me. I freaked out for a solid two days, then decided to take a leap of faith. I'm so happy I did. About a week in I knew he was the one.

I intend on pitching this romantic comedy plot-line to universal.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The FH and I met approximately 8 years ago and started dating 2 months later. With him it was different. We just got each other and being with him was like being with my best friend - it still is!

I knew for sure a year into dating that this was going to be it! We were both so young that we weren’t in any rush to get engaged, so when it happened 6 weeks ago it was a surprise!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About three years but we have only been together for 2 and a half years.
  • Lana
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Lana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have been together for 3 years, we met on a dating website actually and we hit it off right away, after a month of talking on the website and through text, he finally asked me on a date, We have been inseparable ever since.
    I knew I wanted to marry him about a month into the relationship.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics