Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How long have you been engaged?

Emilie, on October 2, 2016 at 18:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 70

Hi lovely soon-to-weds Smiley heart

It can sometimes take a long time from the moment you get engaged until you actually get married... or it can all go quite fast Smiley laugh How long have you been engaged?

200.gif

Image: Giphy.com

70 Comments

Latest activity by Shannon, on December 10, 2016 at 00:40
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged at the beginng of november this year and wont be married until june 2019 so we have quite a long engagement. I think though that with such a wonderful man the time will fly by
  • Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got in engaged in April 2016 and getting married September 2017. Perfect amount of time to organize a wedding. Can't imagine doing it any quicker.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged Dec 2015, by the time we get married we will have been engaged for 1year and 8 months .. but it has flown by ... we wanted to take out time planning and ease into everything considering I have a son Smiley heart

• K
    Beginner January 2018 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged at Algonquin park. I had an idea that it was gonna happen but I didnt know when.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Kim!! Smiley heart That's amazing, so recent! And you already set a date?

How did he propose? Was it a surprise?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alley! Smiley heart That's great! I can't wait to see how it looks like! Smiley love
    You can see what other brides' rings look like here:

Show off your ring!!

How are your preparations going? What have you been up to this week? Smiley smile

• K
    Beginner January 2018 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged on Thanksgiving Sunday 2016.
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged July 2 2016

• Victoria
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since Monday got engaged on Thanksgiving

• Alley
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! Yep everyone knew but me lol and yes I can't believe they all kept it a secret! The ring is beautiful he did a very good job, nothing engraved though but some nice rose gold accents threw it so it stands out from other rings which I have now decided to incorporate into our wedding colours!
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Since early in the relationship, we had prior feelings for each other for almost a year before. We both fall quickly, it's been since around Valentine's Day that we've talked about it!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would be a very special moment Cheryl! Smiley heart

The dinner or dance after the commencement would also be a good moment I think! Smiley smile

How long have you two wanted to get married?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww! Smiley heart This is so beautiful Alley!

I love the way he proposed! So your friends and family all knew he was going to propose that night and managed to keep the secret? Smiley winking

How's the ring he had custom made for you? You should post a picture in the discussion below:

Show off your ring!!

Does it have anything engraved? Smiley love

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He plans to do it at my commencement, but my school kind of ruined that plan. I'm currently only allowed tickets for my parents, he might just have to do it at the dinner/dance!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Devon Smiley heart

I can understand the situation is not ideal now, but you can keep dreaming in the meantime! Smiley smile

What are you looking the most forward to in starting wedding planning again?

What have you checked off your list so far? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Cheryl Smiley heart You already know when he is going to propose!? When do you think it will be?

How would you like him to propose? Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! I've managed to get quite a bit done. I'm on sick leave from work so have had lots of time to plan :-)Oh my my bridesmaid dresses are navy blue. :-)
  • Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been together 13 years so I think he got tired of me bugging him haha after an amazing day of canoeing in a provincial park he took me to this new trendy restaurant downtown where we live and we had an amazing dinner with lots of drinks then the dessert menu came and written on the bottom of the chalkboard menu it said will you marry me? He got down in one knee and proposed on the patio in front of everyone haha then he took me across the street to my favorite pub where some friends and family were waiting with champaign. It was pretty awesome. He had the ring custom made so it took about 3 months to get.
  • Devon
    Beginner May 2017 British Columbia
    Devon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're taking it slow for now. Fiance isn't working right now so we're waiting until he is really ramp up planning again.

Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long!

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly don't like surprises, I've always liked knowing what's happening. I don't know exactly how he's gonna do it, I just know the time frame!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow Paule!! Your 18th anniversary!! Congrats to you two!! Smiley heart

I can't believe you waited that long before getting married! What took so long? Smiley laugh

I'm sure you two have a beautiful history together! What makes your relationship so special after 18 years of being together? Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jocelynne! Smiley heart

June is such a great season to get married! I'm glad you have most things planned for your wedding day!

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you! Smiley smile

What's left to do on your planning before the big day?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow Alley!! Smiley heart That's so recent!! Congrats! Smiley love

You must be so happy! How did he propose? Did you expect any of it?

You can see Fernando's story and how he proposed:

How was your proposal?

Maybe you could comment and see how similar or different your proposals were Smiley smile

What was most magical moment of your proposal? Had he been planning it for a long time?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie Smiley heart

It's so good to hear from you! You seem to have gotten quite far in your planning already!! Smiley smile

You can see what other brides in the community have been up to lately in this discussion:

Wedding plans: What have you left to do?

I'm sure they'd love to know about your plans too!!

I'd love to see what your dress looks like and your bridesdmaids!! I'm sure they look absolutely gorgeous!! You can create a discussion to show us what they look like. Smiley love

You can post a picture of your dress in the secret My wedding dress group only for brides of the community.

What colours are your bridesmaids' dresses?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cheryl Smiley heart

You're making him tell you what he's planning? Smiley laugh That's so funny! You don't want him to keep it a surprise?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jacklyn Smiley heart

Lucky you! That must have been such a great way to start the year! Smiley star How did he propose?

Were you just the two of you or were your family and friends also present? Smiley smile

• Paule
    Newbie April 2017 Quebec
    Paule ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He proposed 3 weeks after our 18th anniversarySmiley heart . 5th month have passed since our engagement and we just started planning for the wedding; as long as it doesn't take us another 18 years, we'll be just fineSmiley shame .

• J
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Jocelynne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've been engaged for 10 months! He proposed 3 days before our 4 year dating anniversary! And we are getting married in 8 months! June 2017 here we come!
  • Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    33 days!! But in my mind more like 3 years haha
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree Emilie, I will never forget my birthday. What surprised me about his proposal is how he did it and the fact he planned this so well. The touching moment was when he talked about our relationship together and when began to proposed with the ring. Smiley heart Smiley diamond
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the warm welcome! We didn't start planning right away. Started about 2 months after we got engaged. We have quite a bit done so far, have our venue booked, church booked, decorator, band, flowers, photographer all booked. Have my dress as well as my bridesmaids dresses ordered. We have also sent out our save the dates, so not bad too far. Next up is taste testing at our venue and onto making centre pieces. How's everyone else's planning coming so far?
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics