Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

How is everyone doing?

Rayanne, on May 1, 2020 at 11:10 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21
I just realized my countdown just went to under 300, that was 6 days ago! Wedding count downs aren't as much fun as they were a few months ago. How is everyone keeping themselves excited about their wedding dates these days? I realize some of your dates have had to be rescheduled and a lot of things are having to be rearranged. I want to say I am proud with how I see everyone in the group dealing with these ups and downs. I know in the end we will have a wedding with meaning and a special day (though for some your vision may have changed, from what you thought was important). I hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe.

21 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on May 13, 2020 at 14:56
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw I'm so sorry... it'll be here before you know it
  • Patricia
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My counter should be around 100 but now it’s around 500. I hate looking at the count down now!
  • Laura
    Devoted June 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I agree that this situation has definitely taken a lot of the fun in planning - it's hard when we have no idea what the future looks like.

• A-W
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true! New possibilities are exciting for sure. I hadn't thought of planning more of the honeymoon but that's a great idea! I wonder if there might even be better deals for next year right now
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw mine jumped too from 95 days to 354 days. I love that idea of adding milestone days in countdown. I am sad but at the same time I am accepting the new reality little by little. I agree too it's nice to think of changes that could be made or things I can add with the extra time - I'm considering more honeymoom options, food options and if I still want to forgo hiring any music like dj or a band. If I can save up extra money there's some new possibilities!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww I'm sorry but I'm sure it is the best decision
  • Liga
    Devoted June 2021 Quebec
    Liga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Rayanne...Looks like your wedding will be before mySmiley laugh

I just change my for 2021.24. of June!

Because of the problems we are facing now! Smiley winking

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The countdown from the original day seems longer and unexpected. This community has many couples looking forward their day as you yours except for the long wait time.
    Positive thoughts and kindness with everyone here is fantastic given the solidatary days.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a stressful time I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out for you!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Countdowns are supposed to be sooo much fun. but my countdown is just over 90 days and im not excited with everything going on in the world. each day im waiting for my venue to decide if theyre going to postpone or not.

• A-W
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    True! Ironing out details is a good way to make everything that much more awesome Smiley laugh
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You definitely have time to iron out anything that wasnt perfect. I'm sure once your day comes everything will be perfect 😉 one good thing about having the time to plan.
  • A-W
    A-W ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding count down just went from 62 to 392. I added a bunch of count down dates to my phone calendar to try to stay excited about it (one year mark, 200, 100, and 50 day marks and then 25 day count down). It is hard not to be disappointed when everything is basically done and organized and we have been engaged for almost 3 years already. But at least some of the minor details that have been annoying I can likely change now!
    I hope you are doing well and staying safe!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll be putting positive thoughts out there for everyone getting married this summer! I hope that some twist will happen so everyone can get their day.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been off and on for how I've been. Most of the time I'm doing well and staying positive but I have broken down at work thinking about what could happen to my residents if covid did get into our long term care home. I don't go anywhere started getting curbside pickup for everything because I don't want to be that staff member who brings it to work. I work at one of the biggest homes in the Niagara Region. Wedding wise we are still planning for February I'm a little worried about the second wave coming then. We only have one person coming from the US side and everyone else would be from the province so we might be ok but who knows at this point. We will take things as they come. If we can't have the people we want there we will postpone. We've waited this long we can wait another year. The date doesn't have a specific meaning to us.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is exciting. I'm glad you have found a way to make your day special.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I've been doing some gardening as well. (Not my favourite thing but it takes your mind off stuff and gets you outside at least)
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're approaching less than 150 days and I know what you mean! It's not as exciting, but I'm trying to stay positive about it.

Our premier mentioned that our border to another province with low cases light not open until after July which made me realize how unlikely it is that our family can travel in October (from the states and Newfoundland) so I've started actively planning for our backup plans earlier than I had planned. I reached out to our photographer yesterday to talk about adding services for an elopement and pushing our current package to 2021. Depending on what she says I'll contact the venue and our bakery to see if they're available on the same date in 2021. I'm hoping we don't need to shop for a new venue, because so many people are rebooking right now.
    We're turning our focus to some spring home repairs and gardening which should definitely keep me busy!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m at 77 days and it’s safe to say I’m nervous 😬! We hope our wedding is “far away” enough that maybe our day can go ahead some how. It’s very high anxiety kind of going day by day and following the news to try to figure out what we should be doing.

Right now we’re focussing on our new home (we move two weeks today - YAY!) and just trying to stay positive but it is hard.
    How are you doing?! Are you still planning for February?!
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning to still get married on our date even if we have to postpone our wedding, so I can still be excited about 10/10/2020.

I'm staying positive and hopeful that we won't have to postpone, decision will be made in July or August so I'm crossing my fingers!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhh that’s exciting Smiley smile I’m just under 100 days now so we’ll see how it all goes 😢

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics