Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Celeste
Newbie May 2022 Ontario

How far in advance should i secure a venue with Covid?

Celeste, on September 11, 2020 at 02:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
Because of Covid, has anyone decided to just have a ceremony and skip the reception? Thoughts? How far in advance should we secure our venue without any problems?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Celeste, on September 11, 2020 at 12:29
  • Celeste
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Celeste ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice! Lots to consider now!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Booking your venue will secure your date to have the reception next year if decided to keep on the safe side. The wedding can still take place this year with minimal guests.

The options for celebration next year can vary on how you want to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

Anniversary celebration to have your full guests attended.

Wedding Renewal with an unofficial Officiant and someone close to give the service.

Proper wedding except the signing and no Officiant present as someone to say the same service for you and vows.

• Celeste
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Celeste ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much! Very helpful information!
  • Celeste
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Celeste ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Very helpful information!
  • Celeste
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Celeste ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very helpful, thank you for the insight! I recently got engaged in July, everyone is telling me I “have lots of time” but I didn’t even consider other couples who’s original plans have been affected. Thanks Again
  • Kaitlyn
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged earlier this year and I knew I wanted a June 2021 wedding. Once COVID happened (we got engaged about a month before) we knew we needed to find a venue ASAP! June is such a popular month so we knew we would need to find a venue quickly to begin with but I got worried that our ideal date would book quickly - which it actually did, but thankfully one of our top venues had that date available and we were able to snag it. So my suggestion is if you have a date or season in mind book your venue as quickly as you can, then start with the important vendors and go from there.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would start booking your venue and vendors as soon as possible! Because us brides who've had to postpone our weddings this year to next year or even into 2022. Dates fill up very fast with venues and vendors. If you can get them early enough, you can lock in a early deal (price) because prices sometimes go up the following year.

• Michelle
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We postponed our wedding, which involved international travel. I have heard of lots of couple still getting married, and pushing the reception to next year, or simply just eloping. If you are wanting 2021 date, I would get it secured. There are many people who have pushed the wedding to next year so some places may be more limited...? I had a specific venue in mind and we booked about 18 months out. Of course, make sure you really read any contracts, and make sure your covered if the pandemic worsens, and something needs to be cancelled or postponed.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends. May is the start of wedding season which means dates are in-demand. If you want a Saturday and you have a decent sized guestlist (150+ guests), I highly suggest you start now as you'd be competing against the covid double cohort. If your party is small (<50), or you're willing to go with another day of the week like Friday night or Sunday morning, you may have more options but I wouldn't wait too long as those options are likely being considered by recently engaged couples.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics