Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

How did you meet!

Stephanie, on April 5, 2018 at 15:46 Posted in Before the wedding 0 70

I'm sure this thread has happened before but I'd love to hear everyone's stories!

How did you meet your Fiance/Fiancee?

Or for those already done with their big day how did you meet your Husband/Wife?

I met my Fiance at work! We worked together for about 2 years and were good friends before anything really hit off! I developed a massive crush on him a few months before I got enough courage to make a move! Smiley heart

70 Comments

Latest activity by Stiffra, on March 27, 2019 at 16:52
  • S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met when we were 14 and starting high school together - and we’ve been together ever since! We are each others’ first & only. Truly my “high school sweetheart” haha.
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work! We work at a LTC facility (I had been a nurses assistant for 5 years there and she was our new charge RN) I chased her for weeks (not having any idea if she was gay or not haha) I finally had to at least try.. we’ve been together 1.5 years, and we’re still working together as well. 😊
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love how many people are meeting on online dating!!!
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kevin and I actually met on Tinder.. Smiley smile

When we first met up we went for coffee and ended up talking for a couple hours, it was a spark from day one

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Daniel and I Met throw a friend Lucy. It's funny she exactly dated him when she was in her teenager years. I have changed my friends name just for privacy purposes. We've been together 6 years as of 11/25 this year.
  • Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met online 3 years ago, went on a coffee date and fell hard for each other. Fast forward and now we have 3 cats, a house and a wedding coming up! Couldn’t be happier if I tried.
  • R
    Newbie June 2019 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I met about a year ago online and it took a couple tries to get to our first date cause I kept cancelling on him but by the 2nd date we knew we were perfect for each other. I've never been this happy for this long with anyone and I'm really excited to get to spend the rest of my life with him. Smiley heart
  • K
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Kori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I met 4 years ago when our sons were in kindergarden together, but became a couple feb 17/2018,
  • Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually met in grade 5 and then in highschool we hangout with some of the same people but never really went out of our way to hang out alone. We would always text here and there because we had the same interest in sports and just life itself. I then left our home town for 3 years to go to College and only came back during summers. We hungout one day 3 summers ago and we connected so well. We have been together since then Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I too met my fiancé at a previous workplace! He noticed me and eventually got the courage to sit across from me to be able to talk to me (which was funny as that cubicle was meant to be mine, but I preferred my old one and continued to sit there instead). We quickly became friends and talking to each other during work made the days go by much faster (and our conversations began to continue after work too). After talking for nearly two months, he asked me out to lunch and a movie!

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My partner and I had met several times over the years before we ~really~ met. He and I both volunteered at a local crisis helpline, then again with another local non-profit, then again at a company we both worked at. Then years later we met at a bar, I was fresh out of a separation from my ex-husband (I was nervous about being so into someone so soon after my separation). It was meant to be, I suppose! We've been inseparable ever since!

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my Fiance at work, we first met when I was 16 and I couldn't stand him. He was older and didn't go out of the way to make new staff feel welcome as it was retail and a lot of them didn't last. Fast forward 3 years when I came home from university and returned to work there. I decided to give him a chance as I now really enjoyed talking to him and I haven't looked back since.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He worked on the same job site as my dad. Dad thought we would be perfect together, and he was right!

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was worried I would be the only one to say "we both swiped right". I was actually visiting famiy from Australia. I was feeling a little lonely and basically just wanted someone to talk to! We obviously matched and talked for a few weeks before I finally got up the courage to go out and meet him. He brought me blueberries on our first date (In Aus they aren't cheap so its a novelty).
    We spent about a month hanging out with eachother before I had to fly home. Once I was back in Aus we actually facetimed daily, morning and night. Until I decided to move back to Canada for almost a year to see where things would go!

Almost 4 years later & him moving to Australia we are now engaged and getting married in Lake Louise!!

• Laura
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also met on POF. I was his first date, he was my third date.

We went for dinner on a Monday, he talked my east off! He says because he was nervous Smiley winking I loved all of his stories, and couldn't wait to see him again for our second date, which wasn't until the Saturday. We texted a lot in between. It wasn't long until were were spending the night with each other neatly every night. Four months later, we moved in together!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was my husband's customer when he worked at FutureShop. I went in for some headphones and we ended up talking for a couple of hours. I went back a few weeks later and we ended up talking some more and he even took my number and we started texting and then had a date and a few weeks later we were meeting each other's parents.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Lynnie! We still have moments where we look at each other and think it’s crazy we ended up together. ♥️
  • Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Met in high school - just took us awhile to circle back around to each other... Smiley smile

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé through his brother (we were friends) back in high school. I ended up staying the night at his family’s camp sight, we went mudding on quads the next day and Evan (my fiancé) had to protect me from the ice cold stream water they were throwing at me.. It took some time as I categorized him in the “friend zone” for afew years, but we eventually hit it off. we’ve been together for five years now and I couldn’t be happier!
  • Ema Vargas
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Ema Vargas ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Fiancé and I met at a church event 5 years ago and instantly fell for each other but we lived 2 hours apart so decided just to be friends and he never told me but he moved to my town and well things just took off it wasn’t until 3 years ago that we started to date and now we are engaged almost dating 4 years. I am excited for this new chapter we are about to start 💕
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met at work. KFC, selling chicken together. Now we’ve been together almost 3 years, 4 years by the time we’re married.
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! My FH has wanted to do the proposal there but it didn’t quite workout that way so I thought it’s be nice to get some photos there and incorporate the dogs. The area is all forested so I think they will turn out pretty.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at University! We were both Varsity athletes for different sports and were friends for 3 years before he made a move. We were both in long-term relationships prior to getting together. I totally had a crush on him when I first met him but obviously couldn't say anything, and never thought he ever really noticed me, but apparently I was wrong. I was at his house for a party that him and his roommates were throwing when he asked me out.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in high school... We were in the same physics class and entered a science competition on the same team (called the Physics Ninjas) so got to know each other fairly well. After high school we kept in touch and planned a hike with all 4 physics ninjas. One guy couldnt make it because of baseball and one guy just didnt show up. So my and my FH went just the 2 of us and had a lot of fun.

And then we spent the next number of months finding excuses to hang out until it got to the point where he was paying for all of our outings (they were essentially dates but neither of us would admit it) because i couldnt afford to go out at all. And after about a solid year of that we finally admitted we liked each other started dating.

The rest was history! Dated for a year and a half before I moved away for school and we survived 4 years of long distance before moving in together at about 5 years. Got engaged at about 6 years.

Now weve been togather over 7 years and less than 3 months to go before the wedding!
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met on OKCupid. He messaged me a line about Doctor Who and we went from there. After having to cancel our first date due to a work problem, we got together later that week and had a wonderful time talking. We became official when i invited him to spend New Years 2017 with me. That was our 4th date. By July he was moved in and October we were engaged. The wedding in 12 days from now on April 21st.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love how you're going to the park for engagement photos that's perfect!
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both swiped right... he then cane to meet me and my gf at the pub. Twirled me around the dance floor and the rest is history. We dated for a year long distance till he put a ring on it a year after we started dating officially ❤️
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A mutual friend introduced us during college! Our friend was coming over to watch movies with me and he had texted her asking if he could hang with her while his friend finished class cause they were supposed to go to the gym together so she brought him along. If his friend hadn't been late getting out of class who knows when/if we would have met!
  • Sammie
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Sammie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He was spying on me in a mall while i was at waiting for something. Then came down and yup we are now being married lol
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our story sounds very farmilar! I never know how people will respond when I say we met online but for us it worked. It’s obvious there will be a million creepers but that can also the case when you meet people in bars, clubs, friends, etc!
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met st the dog park! We had both been going for a few months at the same time but hadn’t ever really interacted. I usually always had headphones in and would keep to myself. In the spring he introduced himself and said he wanted to know people by their own names and not just by their dog names. At that point I thought he was really attractive and we started “unknowingly” going to the park at the same time every day. We’d walk around the park for a couple hours and talk and interact with our dogs. One day he asked for my number and another day asked me on a date... the rest is history. And this Friday we are going back to the park for our engagement photos.
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were in a play together in high school. I had to kiss him before we had even had two conversations together. The only thing we had talked about prior was how much we both liked Bill Murray. I guess it worked out though... we’ve been together for 6.5 years now!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics