Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How did you find your officiant?

Joey, on April 18, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 27

Who is leading your ceremony, and how did you find them? Were they recommended by a friend? Are they a friend of the family? Are they a part of your faith community? Did you find them through WeddingWire??

How did you find your officiant?

How did you find your officiant? 1

Photo via Rev. Tracy L. Cox in Aurora ON

27 Comments

Latest activity by Meaghan, on September 7, 2019 at 20:34
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kijiji. We actually found a good number of our vendors on kijiji (officiant, photographer, florist). We were very happy with our choice of officiant.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Through another officiant!

We found our first booked officiant via a wedding show. She sent us an e-mail a few weeks ago saying that she was leaving our city indefinitely (sounded like a family emergency) and recommended another JP.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We found here on Wedding Wire! I honestly had no idea where to find out and just started looking on here until I found one I liked.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met our civil ceremony commissioner the day we visited our venue, as he was volunteering. My mother officiated our big ceremony.
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My step dad will be marrying us 🙂
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband had lived in his basement! Our officiant lives 5 hours away from us but was happy to travel to do it (and refused to let us pay for his travel/stay)
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found mine after posting in a facebook group. She was the only one we met with but I really liked her.

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Google, but I'm kind of regretting that decision at this point. I had to pay a deposit before even meeting the officiant (I know, red flag...) and the first draft made it seem like we hadn't even been listened to during that meeting. The officiant also has components that they feel are important but we don't want to include because we don't want a super-long ceremony, and we're getting push-back.

I'm at the point where I'm considering just forfeiting our deposit and trying to find someone else. My fiancé is more hopeful that we can make it work...but I don't want to just 'make it work' with the person performing the ceremony.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We found our officiant through a company my cousin recommended. Their website lists all of the officiant in your area, a short bio and their website (if they have one).

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant was the chaplain at our highschool. I was involved with a retreat in highschool with her and I know her very well. She has been an important part of my life. Both her and I are thrilled that she can be a special part of our wedding! (My FH was impartial about who married us, but supportive of my choice!)
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH’s older sister will be our officiant. She felt very honoured cause both of my FH parents had passed. She had applied for court permit since last year and had received it.
  • Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning to have a good friend of mine perform our ceremony. I was trying to decide between having her or another lady as a bridesmaid. I decided on the other friend as a bridesmaid and this friend to marry us.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found ours through my local moms group. She was very highly recommended and exactly what we were looking for (not at all religious).
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’ll be a priest through my FHs church. We get to choose whoever is available that day.
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked at the BC government page. You can type in the area and it lists all the officiants there. We only had about 6 options and I just chose the first one
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He is our Pastor at the church we will be getting married at! We get along great with him and believe he do a great ceremony

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We contacted SO many officiants but everyone was super expensive. Then we found an officiant through some google searching who was within budget (by which I mean less than $400!). Then after we met up with her she announced that there was something that came up in her schedule but that a friend of hers would officiate our wedding and she would give us a discount on her services for all the troubles so VOILA we have our officiant

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Through a friend's recommendation. They loved their officiant and recommended her to anyone getting married in our area.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good old Google! But it turns out he recently became one of our venue's preferred vendors.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He is actually our young adults pastor! Smiley smile awesome guy and he isn't charging us! we just have to pay for the room rental at the church

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On our local wedding buy and sell. Someone recommended her and there were about 50 comments of others also recommending her. I went to her Facebook page and she had incredible reviews. We messaged her and met her at her house and just loved her. Her personality matched us perfectly and we knew she would make our ceremony perfect. As an added bonus she wasn't too much $, she wasn't the cheapest but definitely not the most expensive.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We found ours at a wedding show. He is part of a group of officiants, and is great! He has such a great personality, and is super chill. I think we were pulled towards him because he looks like my Dad lol.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We purchased an upgraded ceremony package from our venue which included an officiant from Enduring Promises. We picked our specific officiant from the company by browsing the profiles of those that were available on our wedding date

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet but we have a meeting with an officiant next month. He's highly recommended by our venue and offers a discount on rehearsals to couples getting married there. Can't wait!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a google search...we checked out a few online but ended up going through All Seasons. We found a great officiant from there!

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found ours through WeddingWire. He is so nice and we couldn’t be happier!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We tried searching through Wedding Wire, and we tried searching at the Wonderful Wedding Show - but no luck! Everybody wanted lots of $$$ or they weren't what we were looking for.

In the end we decided to ask my FH's Uncle (who has lived with his family since he was a little kid).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics