Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

How did you decide your wedding theme/style?

Joey, on July 5, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

How did you choose your wedding theme or style? Was it before or after you chose your venue(s)? Was it your own creation, or something you and your partner dreamed up together? Where did your inspiration come from?

How did you decide your wedding theme/style? 1

Photo by Heirloom Events and Decor in Ottawa

13 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 8, 2018 at 22:43
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our theme is country/rustic and color is camo. We both love camo; fiance is a hunter and we both fish. Loved a few ideas I saw on Pinterest and expanded on those
  • C
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is travel theme. Since my fiancé and I’ve gotten together we’ve travelled all over the place from Cuba, to Banff & Jasper, we spend most of our free time going for drives to places we’ve never been to and we plan to move to Nicaragua once married. So we decided to go with travel theme and we’re super excited!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I met while working abroad and we lived in a few locations in Europe before returning back to Canada, so there was no doubt that our theme would be travel. It fit our story perfectly and I played everything off of it.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding theme was based on a simple elegance setting once we booked the venue and didn't need any flowers or much decor.

We had a fusion wedding of civil and indian traditions. Outfits worn were indian.

The colours chosen were modern white and black with vibrant colours added to the centerpeices and LED lights.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had always wanted to get married at my uncle's place because it is gorgeous and full of gardens and has a beautiful big red door barn. Our theme was just kind of the natural/rustic vibe I guess but it was mostly dictated by our venue.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We always loved the rustic/west coast vibe, and we walked into our venue and knew, this is it. Big wood beams, stone fireplaces, twinkle lights everywhere, and a view of the inlet/mountains!

Now we can make other more formal/elegant touches, and it will still have a rustic feel.

We originally thought of doing more colour, or more rustic (with our decor), but realized the venue does a lot of the work for us, and we can keep it simple.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a venue that fit within in the theme that I wanted. There is a lot of wooden beams and flagstone and the hall has beautiful chandeliers. My FH are both very outdoorsy and love nature...he is also a geologist, so we want to incorporate that into our wedding, but we both also love traditional aspects of a wedding, so we have kind of done a earthy/rustic meets elegant theme. For our centerpieces we have made DIY terrariums with stones we have collected from around where we live and we are filling it up with moss and succulents, roses and driftwood. Our table numbers are all different types of rocks from different areas around Ontario that we have visited. We have had an amazing decorator to help make our vision come together.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don’t really have a theme other than wedding. But the venue is a beautiful historic 1930s building and so we will be playing off of that for the decor style of the reception.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The venue has set up a lot of the theme for us, but I kind of had it in mind already (tropical, glamourous)

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our inspiration came from a trip to British Columbia. We fell in love with the purple varnish clams on a Kitsilano beach in Vancouver and decided to use that as a basis for our colour palette.

It helped that we were surprisingly enamoured by our venue which we visited during that same trip.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At first I wasn't sure which style I wanted. Then it progressed gradually into romantic gamer. We are both gamers so this works fine.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venues really dictated what our style would be! They've been the inspiration for everything that's happening (wedding-wise).

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both from the venue as well as a mesh of what we both wanted. He wanted outdoors to fit us perfectly so we went with a rustic pavilion outside the city. But surprise! They have crystal chandeliers that scream ballroom like how I've always wanted since I was 5! Now we are left with the theme Rustic Chic Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics