Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Devoted April 2019 Ontario

How did you and your FH meet?

Meghan, on February 16, 2019 at 10:29 Posted in WeddingWire 0 20

I love these stories! FH and I were talking about how we met the other night and it was so nice to reminice Smiley smile

We met on Tinder...which neither of us were expecting. I was on it for a total of 4 days and was literally about to give up because Tinder is exactly how you hear it is. FH messaged me early one Saturday morning on his way to work (which made a noise on my phone, waking me up...initially wasn't impressed lol) and we talked for about a week non-stop. We had EVERYthing in common and decided we should probably meet soon. Our first date was 4 dates in one...we went to a Blue Jays game, then went to the Aquarium, then went out for burgers and then a movie- we didn't want the date to end! We both luckily felt the same, and two weeks later we went camping together...that really solidified things because spending 48 hours together in the middle of nowhere really brings out a persons true colours haha Looking back we still can't believe we met on Tinder of all places...he had his fair share of disastrous dates from there, but ours was the one that stuck.

How did you meet yours??

20 Comments

Latest activity by Lucy, on October 2, 2019 at 03:02
  • Kathleen
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Kathleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school, in a split drama class. He was dating someone else and graduating. They broke up before graduating and then he moved North for the summer. The following winter, I happened to post a photo right as he logged in (we were Facebook friends), he says he thought I was cute and remembered me from class. He messaged me on Facebook and we went on our first date. That was seven years ago.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to visit my brother and his family for the weekend. It’s a five hour drive. The day before I left, he texted me that his friend was also going up that weekend and maybe I could catch a ride to save on gas. My brother also said that his friend was 35 and into computers. I thought that was weird he would tell me that but didn’t question it. My brother gave me this guys phone number so I call and we make arrangements. My husband had asked my brother how talkative I was and my brother said “ if you’re a ten, she’s a three” so my husband suggested a car game to break the ice. And it worked. We chatted the whole way up. And back again. As I was getting out of the car at the end of the trip, he asked if he could invite me over for dinner. I agreed, thinking friendship. But then, he waited the typical three days to text and I was waiting for his text that whole time!
    A few months into our relationship, when we’ve established marriage is the goal, My husband reveals my brother had tried to set us up before. When my husband moved down to where I was living, my brother said he had a single friend (not sister!) and asked if my husband would want to go on a blind date. He said sure but then my brother thought I would not like that (which is true!).
    We also realized there were two other times we could’ve met years before but my husband was stuck at work. I think nothing would’ve happened between us without that car ride though!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé at work! We actually used to work at KFC together. We had some awesome shifts with one of our mutual friends every Wednesday. Hard to believe that was four years ago!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe! Love your story and reading others Smiley heart So nice to hear about all the love in the world.

Another Tinder success story over here! I moved back from home after a year and a bit abroad in the UK, came back with a ton of debt and no job. I went on Tinder to just meet some new people, and lets be honest, get some free dinners out of the deal Smiley tongue but quickly got irritated with it, planned to delete the app in the morning after a night of annoyance and then woke up to a "superlike" from my FH. We just hit it off within moments and fell fast and hard. I went to the UK assuming I would find my love story, and here he was waiting for me a month later after moving home! Smiley heart Would not change a thing!

The crazy part of all this is, is that, we found out a year later that we share a mutual friend (one we both fell out of touch with a few years back), he happened to see her in a photo I had on the wall and then she showed me an art project they worked on together. The CRAZY crazy part of that is, is that I recalled a conversation I had with said mutual friend years back where she mentioned my FH and his antics. It gave me chills for days! Now 2.5 years later we are engaged.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met at work. We were working at a restaurant at the time (I was a server, he was a cook), and it was slow but eventually it turned into something more. 9 years later, here we are on our way to marriage Smiley smile

• Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We also met on Tinder. The first thing he messaged me was “coffee or tea?” and I answered with coffee. He also chose coffee so we decided to have our first date at a Starbucks. We met up and talked for hours. It came to the point that the barista had to ask us to leave because they were closing. It was such an amazing night. I talked to my mom that night and I told her I was going to marry him someday. When you know, you know!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was working at a kiosk in the mall selling slippers and mitts at Christmas time. I had to do laps around the kiosk all day and one day I heard someone say "busy day today?". I later figured out that he also worked in the mall because I saw him every other day. Every time he walked by the kiosk he would say hi. Started really quiet and slowly got a bit louder till eventually he would ask how I was doing. After a couple months he came up to me and asked where he could find the men's moccasins haha I knew it was an excuse to talk to me because at this point he had been walking past them for at least two months. I still had no idea where he worked but when I figured it out I went into his store and he started talking to me right away as if we had known each other for a long time. But he was still too shy to introduce himself so I had to first. Then it still took a few months till we started hanging out but once we started hanging out we were inseparable 😊
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your story is perfect!

We met working at Walmart when I was 16, I couldn't stand him he was condescending. Fast forward 3 years we had both quit and returned, he was working there for a few months waiting for a deployment and I returned after quitting university. This time he was different after a few months I finally agreed to go on a date and we have been together ever since.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a sweet story Smiley smile

Me and my FH met through mutual friends. I was over at my friend (from work)'s house for girls game night and her husband was there so he was the only guy. He decided to call in for back up and that's the first time I saw him Smiley xd He came to save him but because he was actually not drinking leading up to his birthday they decided to stay and play games with us. He later volunteered to drive me and my other friend home and although it was out of the way he dropped her off first and we went to a McDonalds where we had what we consider our first date Smiley laugh

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such a sweet story!

We met in University ages ago. I actually dated one of his best friends, and we knew each other from that circle. Years later we reconnected on Facebook, because he was fascinated by the Toronto mayor that was making international news headlines.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on plenty of fish. I saw that he had looked at my profile and then I checked out his. I was impressed and I was going to send him a message, but I had to leave for class. While I was off learning he sent me a message asking me what my favourite Disney movie was and why. We talked a bit on the site before we went to texting and bonding through being nerds and facing off in many rounds of trivia crack. We had our first date in person at the Keg after talking for a couple weeks. I was so nervous I barely talked, but somehow I made it to a second date, and a third and then living together and getting engaged .
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met through YouTube. He made silly news-style videos in his bedroom back in Ireland, and I randomly subscribed. I watched and commented on his channel from my dorm room in Ottawa. We talked as friends, first through YouTube comments, and then mostly through MSN Messenger (of all things!). We friended each other on various platforms, and it got to the point where we were Skyping for 4, 5, sometimes 6 hours at a time. After 2 years, I finally came to visit him in Ireland: I asked him to be my tour guide. We were still calling each other "just friends" up until that point, but as soon as we met in person, we knew that we were more than that. He's a Canadian permanent resident now and we've officially been together for 7 years. This August, we will marry each other on the exact day of our 8th anniversary, and we will have been best friends for 10 years at that point.

• Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school two year before we officially started dating, I was 15 he was 17 and a mutual friend of ours and I were walking to our part-time jobs after school. He lived on the way to our job so he walked with us, I remember thinking he looked cute, but he was so shy he didn’t say much to me and I was also very shy so I am also to blame. It wasn’t until two years later once I was in senior year and he was graduated already that things changed. I started a part-time job working for a catering service and he worked there too, his best friends dad was the owner, we quickly connected and got together just a few months later only after becoming really close friends which is so rare and was really unexpected, he was very tenacious to get out of the friend zone. I’m so glad though because now I get to marry my best friend!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on bumble!! I totally remember swiping on him ...and when we matched I was so happy for some odd reason. We connected right away through our careers in law, passion for animals and family.

we talked for 4-5 hours on our first date and once I met his parents and brother - I knew he was the one!
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw these are all so cute!! Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We worked together for 2 years! Started as a building friendship and grew into me having a massive crush on him!! Christmas Eve I built up the courage to wear a Santa hat with mistletoe on it and let me just stay that stuff is magical hahha!!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cute story!!

We met at work. I came back from holidays/exams and got introduced to the "new guy". A colleague sorta went behind our backs telling each of us that we thought the other person was cute. So later that week, I got an email from my FH asking if I wanted to go for coffee one morning and the rest is history.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So cute!
    I knew my FH family through girls that I worked with. We hung out once when I was 17 and he was your typical 20 something year old who was not ready for a relationship.
    Went out for a pub crawl with my girl friends and he was bouncing at the one bar. Needless to say I was a little drunk and he remembered me. The next day we made plans to go out and ended up sitting at Tim hortons all night!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love these stories!

I was in another relationship when I met my FH. It was on the rocks and it eventually didn't work out, maybe because I connected with my FH as a friend and my ex got insanely jealous of it.

I was a student at the university here and my FH worked as a security guard. One night, my ex's roommate, who was friends with some of the security guards, wanted to go visit them. It was raining and she asked me if I could give her a ride, seeing I had a car but her and my ex didn't. I went with her, and the office guy was my FH. She wasn't as close to him as other guards so she was wanting to leave, but we started talking about each other and we just connected instantly. A few days later, we were both at a party and we hung out all night, even though my ex was there too but we didn't spend any time together.

It was almost like a sign that I was with the wrong person since I had a revelation that I would've been miserable with my ex that night. My ex confronted me about the party, and stated that he couldn't trust me around other guys since "they all flirt with me" even though we lived with a girl, double standard much! We broke up that night and a couple of months later, my FH asked me out.

At some point in our relationship, my FH admitted he liked me from the start, and couldn't shut up about me to his coworkers. One night his coworkers all told him to ask me out already, since I was single.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aww that is so cute, I love that!

We worked together! I remember going in for my interview and I was soooo nervous going in because it was literally my dream job (librarian at the best library in the world, holla @ tpl)... and then I walk into the room and see this gorgeous guy working away. He completely ignored me, and that continued even after I got hired Smiley xd we barely spoke, I think the most we said to each other was "Good morning/have a good night," but I would stare at him from my desk and dream about all of these scenarios in which my crush asked me out/fell in love with me/married me.

Then, on my very last say at that location (I was moved to another library branch that was desperately understaffed), this guy walks up and asks for my number so we could "keep in touch." Found out from his friends later that he talked NON-STOP about asking me out for the entire six months we worked together. I love that we were both secretly crushing on each other the entire time. His official explanation is that he didn't want to be unprofessional or make it awkward in case I said no - he claims to have no knowledge of my crush, despite half a year of longing glances between the bookshelves.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics