Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol
Super March 2018 Ontario

How did everyone meet their forever person?

Carol, on September 5, 2017 at 16:56 Posted in WeddingWire 0 44
How did eveyone meet their person? I met my guy online, still feels strange that we met that way, we have been together just about everyday since, our 1st date was great, and we talked, and talked for hours, and we made plans the next day, and then the next, and then the next. Then before we knew it we were a couple. I don't know if it was love right away, but I sure was in like with him lol.

44 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on September 12, 2017 at 09:09
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually met on Tinder, of all places. We were both busy with life and didn't have time to meet people the old fashioned way. I was attracted to his personality immediately and the fact that he was an actual gentleman and didn't want to get in my pants right away lol I also loved the fact that he was super cool with me being previously married and having a child with my ex.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhhh Thats a great story! I love that!
  • Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met Kyle in high school, my parents moved us to a new city because my dad got a new job and Kyle and his family lived next door. He and his brother came and helped unload the moving truck on day 1!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha great story! Hilarious!!!
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Match.com At 40 yrs old, I took my first ever glance at a dating website (even with gf's and wine we never peeked online) . He contacted me the next morning. First and only date I went on. We've been head over heels ever since. I always jokingly let him know that all i need is 24 hours to find a new one if he steps out of line.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's exactly my life lol. Well I do work with 100 men, but the good ones are taken and the others well there is a reason they are single lol. Everything outside of work, exercise, painting, hanging out, girls night, etc.. is all women. So online was the best decision for me too.
  • Melinda
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Melinda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can definitely relate. I kept thinking that I could meet someone in my day to day life, but most of my hobbies involved just women, so that didn't really work out. I was secretly hoping that someone would set me up on a date but that never happened either so I went online and that was the best decision!

• Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tinder as well!! Haha! It's so common now. Don't feel weird about it. I did for a while as well, but if it works than it works. Our first date was 5.5 hours long lol we shut the restaurant down. As cliche as it sounds, when you know you know Smiley heart
  • Eryn
    Beginner June 2018 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tinder LOL. He was on his way home from Germany and had a layover in Toronto on his way home to Regina. We swiped eachother, met in person a few months later and have been together since! Smiley love
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a great story, sometimes love comes around when we least expect it, through good and bad the right one does comes along. Congrats!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a great story! Omg you didn't know you were lmao!!!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in high school. Had a couple classes together and took the same bus but were never really good friends until grade 12 when we were in the same physics class. We were on a team called the 'Physics Ninjas' at a science competition together (it was as nerdy as it sounds although we were the 'redneck' team who was just there to get a day out of school) and all 4 of us on the team became really close. After graduation we had planned to go for a hike all four of us from the Physics Ninjas but then one guy bailed and the other guy (still a very close friend of ours) never showed up. So My FH and i decided to go hiking anyway just the two of us and it was great! Took us another year after that of hanging out just the two of us and some help from mutual friends to inform us we were dating because neither of us would admit it, but we havent looked back since Smiley smile
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds so lovely! Meeting online can be very successful, and I'm glad that it was for you!
    I met my FH in CEGEP (equivalent to grade 12 and U0 in the rest of Canada) through a mutual friend who was one of my best friends throughout high school, and had been good friends with my FH when they were in elementary school. Unfortunately for my FH, I was in (nearing the end of) a long term relationship, and it took a few months before I accepted it for myself that I was actually (like for real) in love with him. It was a bit of a roller coaster ride and I had definitely not expected to feel to intensely for another so soon after my previous relationship, but there you have it! We met around this time 12 years ago, our anniversary is in a few months and well, here we are! Smiley smile we drive each other nuts but we mean everything to each other ❤️
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe, when someone takes care of you when you are stupid drunk, he's a keeper.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that's so great, a story to be told over and over.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I met my husband in high school. We knew of each other, but we hung out in very different crowds. It wasn't until grade 11, that we actually had a conversation, and really, I was stupid drunk, so he was just taking care of me. Then we didn't talk again until my first year of college and then we were inseparable.

• Maureen
    Beginner January 2018 Baja California Sur
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    0nline is so awesome....We met in Cabo... the stars aligned. A gal pal picked the airline/hotel package and I got on the plane with her. She took the window and I got the middle. Turbulence got the best of me and the guy next to me calmed me down. We chatted. Yap yap yap. Plane landed. We said our goodbyes and that was it.... til he called us at our hotel and invited us for drinks/dinner with him and his buddy. Hang on to your seat.. his friend and I connected immediately and is now my FH. Did I mention we have the same birthday, same city and same hospital within 15 minutes of each other..... he jokes he saw me in my crib and said, "later baby, I got some living to do first".
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too!!! Hahaha I'm always falling in love with our story... every chapter!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you. Smiley flower

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's perfect at any time Smiley heart

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol 3 years on our wedding, and we will both be 50. A little late but we found eachother eventually.

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks - 16 years Smiley smile How about you?

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awe that is sweet, how long have you been together?

• Kaytee
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We met in high school.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww totally meant to be!! Smiley catface
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg that is an amazing story! How meant to be was that wow! Just gave me chills.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol he was just trying to win you over.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally smooth. Although I thought he was a creeper because he offered me an older car for free, I didn't really have that much confidence in male agendas back then lol

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love our story as it is so unique. My Fiancé would kill me.....but.....Just like Lisa....Plenty of Fish....and after many failed attempts at dates from their and no success from eharmony. I was about to give up and than Adam messaged me. And a long message. One that a lot of thought went into it. He even knew where Great Falls was. We started talking in April met in May and were in separable ever since. His profile said Winnipeg meanwhile he lived in Powerview which was 10 minutes down the road. We had never met before meanwhile his best friend babysat me when I was little. His aunt got one of their cats from my parents farm...along with that his mom had been to my parents farm along with his 2 cousins, I live in the house his mom and 2 aunts grew up in, we shared some of the same friends, his grandparents in their later years lived right across the highway from me which he spent a lot of time. He was helping my dad fix dad's tractor and my dad said to him how does it feel to have a piece of your grandpa with you. (tools) My fiancé started to tear up a bit in a good way. We went to some of the same socials and the last one before we met apparently he saw me dancing with another guy (my brother) and he was shy to come and talk to me. When I told my dad about him he said oh yeah triple rye as my dad bartended lots of socials where we went. The only difference is we went to different schools. It took us so long too meet but everything happens for a reason.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awe what a smoothie he is lol. That's a nice story.
  • Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We worked together at Canadian Tire. We were in different departments (he was in automotive and when my car broke down I went to him for help. He said I should give him my number so he can give me advice on getting a new car. I gave him my number and talked a lot and when I needed to get y car back he told me we would be a good together and go on a date with him. We started dating on the first date and didn't look back Smiley smile

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Now meeting your love in High school is something really special. Xoxo

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics