Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

How big is your guest list?

Sinéad, on December 24, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28

It’s the season for spending time with your loved ones!

Have you completed your guest list for your wedding? How is it looking? Are you inviting everyone who is near and dear to you, or are you keeping your wedding an intimate affair with immediate family only?

How big is your guest list?

How big is your guest list? 1

Photo from Sea Breeze Lodge in Hornby Island, BC

28 Comments

Latest activity by Derek, on August 17, 2021 at 19:14
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours is roughly 100, plus or minus 10 (September 2022).

• Karen
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to COVID planning!

Thankfully we picked our date almost a year to the day the love of my life popped the question! We wanted to keep it personal and yet invite the folks that we were the closest to, and those that we knew were important to us.

To us, it's not about every Aunt & Uncle OR Cousin...it's about those that when we think of who were there for us through our lives...these are the folks we want to share our Special Day with.

We both are inviting friends we have known for 40 years, 20 years...those folks you know are Special to you...after all it is really ALL ABOUT YOU...BOTH of you.

So for us we look at it as 3/4 different Events.

The Wedding, just under 100 people, the Dinner 36 people, the Reception 165 people...and Sunday for our Light Lunch 25 People...People are special for different reasons.

Unfortunately, OR Fortunately Both of our sets of folks have passed on. So there is less family red tape for us, but a bit of sadness that they are not with us to share our Special Day. However, we don't have to deal with Great Aunt Shirley that we haven't seen OR heard from in 10 years, but we can send her a nice card and picture after the fact.

Let's keep in mind that there are traditions we LOVE, those we don't and in the end your day will be as Special as YOU want it to be. So ladies, gentlemen...let's not get ourselves in the place of everyone else planning what is important to us....That's the Bride & Groom OR Partners job..others can have an opinion, be mad or upset but this is about sharing YOUR DAY with WHO YOU WANT...

My better half loves me to no end, he recently told me...IF it were just you, me and two witnesses with a Preacher....this would be more than enough...BUT, I LOVE YOU...so if you want to have our closest friends and family....That is PERFECT for me!

This is why I will marry this man who adores me and who I cannot imagine a day with out...

K

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have about 60 people on our guest list

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were trying to keep it to 400 but our guest list is sitting at around 450-475!! Sending out invitations next month so let’s hope there are some cancellations haha
  • Steph
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have about 65 people on our list.

• Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue max is 120, inviting around 90, expecting between 75-80.

• Cassandra
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am inviting 160.

I recently sent out my save the dates and had one couple say they could not make it. I am expecting around 145 all together.

• Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having around 120, depending on people declining/plus 1s.
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are inviting roughly 150.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Originally we had just over 300 people on the list - then we sent out the first wave, had some no's, sent out the rest, and then we had 210 RSVP as yes... lots of no shows = roughly 185 at the wedding.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our guestlist was 145 invited and 115 attended.

• Emily
    Beginner October 2022 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're inviting 60 people Smiley smile
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are getting so close. I'll be out of mind next year at this time.....
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are at about 224

• Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a very Small, low key wedding. Pur guest list includes 30 people.
  • Polina
    Beginner February 2020 Manitoba
    Polina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 14, 2 of them are kids and 1 toddler. Super small wedding but I'm so happy Smiley smile
  • Maddie19
    Curious July 2020 Alberta
    Maddie19 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just finalized our list yesterday! We are only sending out 78 official invites but the number we had in mind was 90 (we have a b list)

Mostly everyone is family or close friends.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started with 75 ppl in mind. Not to big or too small in my eyes. But that changed quick when we started listing all the names. Currently we are up to 135. So we have some deciding to do. I would love a large wedding. But our budget is ultimately has the final say. We both have a large family. So close family will be added first then cousins and nieces and nephews.

• N
    Beginner April 2021 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maximum 127 people invited.
    We are thinking 114 might show.
    Hoping for 100. 🤣 (not too hard on the wallet)We had 200 people on the list at the beginning but kept cutting so it wouldn't be an absurd amount of money for food. So really anyone who is invited that aren't away we expect to attend cause they're the people who are closest to us.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're aiming to stay below 80 people. My fiance isn't one for attention so we wanted to keep things small.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re inviting 331 people right now. FH has a big family and I have a lot of family friends that we wanted to include!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are inviting the venue max of 120 but it could easily be only 80ish that come. Which is perfect. We have a minimum of 80 for venue charging purposes.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 30 guests. It’s super intimate and quiet which I’m really glad for
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're inviting no more than 60. I wanted to keep it closer to 40, but it just wasn't happening since I couldn't imagine not inviting anyone that's on the list. FH and I prefer intimate gatherings and didn't want people there that we never see or speak to, so we knew from the get-go that it would fall around 50
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We invited 142 people. We're at 100 confirmed as coming, but we expect about 115 after we track down the stragglers.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were at 260 hoping only 200 show up lmao!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're sitting at 105 people to invite and anticipate having about 90 attend.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guest list for the season can vary on the venue max seating and guest list created. Though its the time to enjoy the Christmas time and wedding during the holidays, declines would be more due to family or travel.

Our guest list started out over 100 considering declines coming in. We ended up cutting down due to the minimum to save on the cost.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics