Becky
Featured September 2019 Ontario

How are you incorporating something blue or something borrowed?

Becky, on 20/March/2019 at 12:44 Posted in Wedding fashion

I am borrowing some earrings that belonged to my grandma from my mother and I haven't figured out something blue yet! How are you incorporating the traditional something blue or something borrowed? Are you doing something different instead?

Share:

30 Comments

• Amanda
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·

I have a blue garder.. I also have this blue heart necklace extension chain that I may wear as an anklet... I'm not sure about something borrowed. Hopefully someone lends me something !

• Jo-ann
    Beginner July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-ann ·
    I am hoping to get blue and silver necklace My birthstone is blue and was going to use that in necklace. For borrowed could be earrings, hair clip, brooch or pin from a grandmother or female relatives
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·

My something borrowed was my sister's chinese traditional tea ceremony dress. For my something blue, my sister gifted me a pair of gorgeous blue sapphire earrings which I wore the entire day.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    View quoted message

Oh nice! that would work perfect

• Becky
    Becky ·
    View quoted message

Love those touches!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    I'm actually borrowing a pair of blue stud earrings from my FH! He use to wear earrings and had a pair of old blue ones so I thought perfect!!!
  • Alix
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·

My engagement ring has blue in it; it's a sapphire. I'm also going to have blue shoes.

• K
    Devoted September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·

I borrowed my sister-in-law's sapphire ring as my something blue.

Already had my grandmother's diamond necklace as something old and something borrowed.

• Candace
    Featured May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    I am having a blue garter and the borrowing my Grandmas necklace which will be my something old and something borrowed!
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    View quoted message

Its your day do it the way you want! We won't be doing the bouquet/garter toss or the cake cutting either! Definitely agree with getting everyone on dance floor asap though haha we are hoping the way we did timeline that people can just enjoy themselves right after dinner.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    View quoted message
    Same..I originally wasn't going to but then my bridesmaids offered to let me borrow her veil because I didn't have one then that had her asking what my old/new/borrowed/blue were so I said I didn't have them but the realized I actually did. I was already planning to wear the old wedding band on my right hand, and have my new wedding band and my garter was blue so it all sort fell together nicely!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    My something old is my FHs grandmother's engagement ring(which is my engagement ring now) and the matching wedding band (on my right hand). My something new is my wedding band and jewelry. Something blue is my garter. Something borrowed is my veil, borrowing from one of my bridesmaids.
    I always found that something blue was typically a hidden something on your attire, so like stitching or garter. For something borrowed you can maybe ask your mom or FMIL or maybe even bridesmaids if you have them.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    View quoted message

Besides the first dance and the parent/kid dance, we're nixing a lot of stuff : Cake cutting, bouquet/garter toss, no wedding party! We just want our guests on the dance floor ASAP hahaha.

We originally wanted a very intimate wedding in the mountains or on the West coast, as we both hate being the centre of attention, but in the end it wasn't an option.

• Bianca
    Featured August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    View quoted message

Ah! I honestly wish my family was more traditional so this would be more important to me! It's a nice tradition that can be very special for some people.

• Becky
    Becky ·
    View quoted message
    That's great! very nice you are able to wear those items
  • Becky
    Becky ·
    View quoted message

Love the shoes! look comfy too

Comment on this discussion

Related articles