Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

How are you capturing your big day?

Sinéad, on November 15, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Have you hired your dream photographer for your wedding day? Have you considered hiring a second photographer? Are you going the whole nine yards and hiring a videographer to catch every moment?

How will you be reliving your wonderful wedding day memories?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on November 18, 2019 at 14:42
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had two photographers on our wedding day, but we didn't opt for a videographer as it's not our thing.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 2 photographers starting with getting ready shots. No videographer as of yet. Id like to have one if we have the funds to add later. Im still 10 months out.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm only having a photographer but I was thinking of doing an on-line video. You get your guests to send any video or pics they took during your wedding day and then it is turned into a video. So much cheaper than having someone there for the day and I really don't think it's something I'd watch more than once.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having a team of 2 photographers and splurged on a videographer but reigned it in to just a short highlight reel in addition to the ceremony and speeches.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a photographer that was a husband wife pair, so they both shot during the dinner portion.
    I had my brothers girlfriend video the dances and entrances so we have all of those!!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We hired two photographers and a videographer lol i want to watch the day!!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had 2 photographers for the getting ready, ceremony, and photos and then went to our main one for the reception.

We didn't do videography because it didn't seem likely we'd watch a wedding video again, but I'll look at the photos all the time!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We found a local photographer who we love. She has video packages, but we're just doing stills.

We met during our engagement photos and she made us so comfortable. Every vendor I have booked has been a dream to work with!
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've hired a photographer, there's going to be two shooters.

We decided against getting a videographer in order to save money. My FFIL once said "Do you really want to watch you wedding video and see the day through someone else's eyes like an audience member or do you want your memories to be as you experienced them?" and that stuck with me. Needless to say though this mentality wasn't convincing to my FMIL who just had to have video.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The vendor team was great except for the videographer who wasn't worth having other than others. Photographer brought a second person for the day without any extra charge and DJ excellent. The day was captured to the fullest and the video not so great.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have hired our dream photography team! Can’t wait to have them capture our day.

We’ve also hired a videographer as well, although they’re just starting out.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a photographer and a videographer - but the video turned out rather poor so we probably just wasted money there.... oh well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics