Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Hooray! The winner of the 10th edition of the WeddingWire contest has been announced!

Joey, on December 6, 2017 at 08:58 Posted in Contest 0 9

I am very pleased to announce the winners of the 10th edition of our contest. I'm doubly excited this time around, because both the bride and groom are members of WeddingWire, so we have two people to congratulate!

Say congrats to Jessica and Allan!

Hooray! The winner of the 10th edition of the WeddingWire contest has been announced! 1

Here is what Jessica had to say about winning:

When we got the call to let us know that we had won this month’s contest, we were thrilled! When we joined the contest, we weren’t expecting to win at all! We have never won anything like this before. It was definitely unexpected, and we feel incredibly grateful and lucky! We moved into our first home together in the last year, but had to put off furnishing it to save for our wedding that just passed on September 8th. We plan on using our prize money towards some furniture for our home so that our guests can finally sit somewhere when they come over! Thank you, WeddingWire! We’ve really enjoyed using the website to plan our wedding—it definitely helped us stay organized during our wedding planning process!

Get to know this adorable couple better by checking out these gorgeous photos from their wedding day:

Hooray! The winner of the 10th edition of the WeddingWire contest has been announced! 2

Hooray! The winner of the 10th edition of the WeddingWire contest has been announced! 3

Hooray! The winner of the 10th edition of the WeddingWire contest has been announced! 4

Their photo credits go to Beautiful Life Studios, and their photobooth picture was provided by SDE Weddings.

Want to be the next winner? Enter the contest!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on November 15, 2021 at 14:12
  • S
    Frequent user October 2024 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    • Congratulations!! 🍾

• Jessica
    Newbie September 2017 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, thank you! The Doctor's House is a beautiful venue. Smiley smile To be honest, our engagement photos with the Fallout references were pretty much as far as we went. I had a lot of ideas that just didn't pan out in the end--for example, I got Fallout sneakers for us to wear on our wedding day for pictures, but our order got lost during delivery and unfortunately couldn't be reordered. My husband did end up buying some Pokemon socks and Pokemon cufflinks (like of Pikachu, Charmander, etc.) for his groomsmen. We also love board games and were thinking of incorporating them into our wedding, like having a board games table for people to play if they weren't into dancing, but in the end decided against it as we had a pretty big guest count and it would have just been chaotic and potentially would take away attention from the actual reception. We did end up bringing out Twister, but our nephews got the most use of out of it. Smiley tongue

My colleagues recently got married in August and shared pics of their wedding cake and I thought it was a great concept--one side was a traditionally-decorated wedding cake, and the other side, on each tier, were Marvel character insignias.

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It was a very beautiful day. Went by quickly, but had loads of fun!

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

• Alexis
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! It looks like you guys are fellow geeks! AND it looks like you had your wedding at The Doctor's House which was a choice of mine! Can you share any geeky elements you incorporated into your wedding?

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! Love your photos! Looks like you had a beautiful day!
  • Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is great! Congrats to the lovely couple 😄
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! So happy for the both of you!