Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christa
Beginner September 2019 Ontario

Honeymoon Suggestions

Christa, on February 23, 2019 at 10:45 Posted in Honeymoon 0 21
Where is everyone going on their honeymoon? My fiancé and I are big travellers but stopped travelling once we started started wedding planning. We’re really looking forward to a nice relaxing honeymoon, preferably somewhere beachy but also gives us the opportunity to explore. We’re also trying to find a “Zika-free” location as we’re hoping to start trying for a family right away. Does anyone have suggestions?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Miranda, on April 6, 2019 at 04:20
  • Miranda
    Newbie April 2019 Quebec
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Another vote for Thailand! You should definitely go there! If you find cheap flight s , it's really not that expensive. We did a tour through Asia and went to Bangkok, Koh Samui, and Phuket. We stayed in four star resorts. Our total cost was $1,900 and that covered flights, hotels, breakfast everyday, lunch half the days, and a few optional excursions. If I only was able go back, I would spend a shorter amount of time in Bangkok and do more of the islands instead. I heard Koh Phang Nga is great, so it's my next destination for sure

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get you, my FH is going to be 29 in less than a month and he is adamant to start a family... well, as of yesterday Smiley tongue If it was up to him we would have started trying the moment we got engaged lol

I know with me being 21 going on 22 that I'm still young, but when you are hoping to have up to 5 kids - you got to start early right?

The one thing my FH is scared of is that he won't get to be hands on with our future grand kids if he is too old... or gone...

*Baby dust sent your way for when you start trying!!*

• Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh! Liarra renting ATVS is right up my fiancé’s alley. Thanks for the suggestion! Greece is definitely a top contender for us!
  • Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Everyone for their suggestions! I think we’re going to check out Greece. There seems to be tons to do and. I shortage of beaches. And with a September honeymoon looks like the right time of year!
  • Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It really depends on how quickly you plan on trying! (If you plan on it) For us, we’ve been together 8 years and aren’t young lol so we don’t want to waste any time 😉
  • L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you havent been to the Greek Islands yet I would sugges that or the coast of Italy (Cinque Terre down to Amalfi).
    We initially planned to do both but we dont think we will be getting enough time off work now so we've settled for just Greece.
    We're doing Santorini, Kefalonia and Athens in 2 weeks.
    There are so many beaches and beautiful sights, wonderful / picturesque hotels but also LOTS to explore and sight-see. Hikes, history etc. We plan on renting ATV's on Santorini and exploring the whole island on our on time as well.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We thought about going somewhere warm but then we considered zika, plus we figure doing an all inclusive will be a little more attainable price-wise after we have kids, as opposed to going to Europe which will probably be a bit more difficult/expensive at that point.

We are going to Scotland and Iceland...SO excited!

• Sonya
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Sonya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you’re considering close to home, Evergreen Bed and Breakfast in Wiarton has a glass cabin and is surrounded by woods and has lots of waterfalls nearby!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow.... I didn't even consider the whole Zika thing - thank god for this post!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'd planned on South Africa, but decided against it for the same reason. So now the plan is Europe. My FH hasn't been anywhere on the continent, but we don't want to do the backpacking thing or cram too much into too little time, so we're thinking of just tackling Italy for 3 weeks.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to Aruba. It has zika, but we’re not planning to try for a while. I did a quick search regarding zika and getting pregnant, and it said you only have to wait 3 months before you can start trying to conceive (just in case you still want to go somewhere that has zika).
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We want to go to new Zealand for our honeymoon. We just have to save up for it.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When are you planning on traveling?

Fall : Greece (Greek Islands in September are still hot but less busy)

Winter : Australia/New-Zealand, Thailand, Indonesia

Spring : Hawaii

• Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’ve heard the same thing Casey, but all the carribean is still on the advisory list 😔 at the advice of our doctor we are avoiding it. Which is a shame because I love both Jamaica and Mexico.
    If you do Mexico, Id strongly recommend the Royalton! We stayed there a year ago and it was beautiful. The beach had quite a bit of seawood, but otherwise gorgeous resort!
  • Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t even think of Australia or New Zealand for some reason. Thank you! I will for sure check these out
  • Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hawaii is on our list as well! 🌴☀️
  • Christa
    Christa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I’m constantly checking this to see if there’s any updates!
  • Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/page/world-map-areas-with-zika

This is also a useful map to see where Zika is. Thought it might help!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were looking at Hawaii! Nothing decided yet but it's for sure our top pick right now!
  • Diana
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Diana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Australia or New Zealand might be nice options if you are looking for somewhere with nice beaches. It also has the opportunity for fun exploration.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Many of the areas in the Caribbean in the tourist section have not had any zika reports. This was our issue too as we want to start a family right away!
    Montego bay is really nice. We’ve stayed at the Riu resorts and they were beautiful!
    I think we are leaning more towards Punta Cana or Mexico. We basically want somewhere with a nice beach! There are so many options it just depends on your budget!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics