Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cathrine
Devoted April 2018 Ontario

Honeymoon Stress

Cathrine, on March 13, 2018 at 15:17 Posted in Honeymoon 0 9

So far, i've been taking everything in strides with the wedding planning but i'm finding that the two areas that are making me unhinged is photographs (was a bit disappointed with the engagement photographs from our photographer) and trying to plan the honeymoon. I'm freaking out and super stressed at the thought of trying to plan a euro trip that's not going to break the bank but still feel like a honeymoon. I was originally looking at London, Paris and Rome but it's looking like we might need to cut Rome as the cost is too much with all three cities. I've been looking at flights, hotels, tours etc and it's all so overwhelming.

Then i think to myself, should our honeymoon be more relaxing? Neither of us are really beach people (super pale skins we are) but would a nice resort be easier and less stress, all inclusive style? There is an island in Thailand that has a huge Vegan community which would be awesome as i'm afraid i'll have trouble eating out while on my honeymoon. Beautiful resorts there, beaches, rest, relaxation, but probably going to cost the same if not more than London/Paris. Plus, i've never been to Europe so it's a bit of a dream.

Too many variables and too many options my brain hurts and i'm getting supper stressed out and upset about it all. My FH isn't much of a planner so he's not much help on this front. We are planning on taking our honeymoon in June a couple months after the wedding.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Cathrine, on March 15, 2018 at 07:38
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fun added twist to consider now. My work has booked an event we thought would be happening at the beginning of June, before we were planning on leaving to end of June which throws a wrench in the Honeymoon plans as this event is really involved for me work wise and I’m not sure yet if it will mean I have to push the Honeymoon later into the beginning of July. Not sure how that will effect prices as well but anticipating them being higher since it’s peak season.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A honeymoon pace is up to you, in the end it's about the 2 of you. Would you consider a Europe cruise?

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not to discourage you from doing backpacking trip for your honeymoon but planning a trip like that is a lot of research and preparation. I did 5 countries in 14 days and it was absolutely exhausting. By the end, we were exhausted because we made such a tight itinerary. A piece of advise.... Travel days are tiring (the day you arrive and the day you leave). Leave 2+ days on top of travel days to relax. You could also have your FH plan everything for one country (entertainment, accommodations, travel) and you could plan the other Smiley smile
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your not the type of people to sit on a beach, I’d say go to Paris.
    There are things other than the beach at all inclusive resorts but food could be an issue depending on the resort. Paris would be a lovely place to go on a honeymoon.
    Best of luck. There’s a lot to think about.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try talking to a travel agent, there are some that specialize in honeymoons and would really help you out. They ask you a bunch of questions about what you want included in your honeymoon and some ideal places to go and they put together packages for you and usually find the best deals
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I TOTALLY feel ya on this one! The honeymoon planning is so exciting but also overwhelming with options, costs, reading reviews and just all of the planning is a lot! We have high expectations for our honeymoon and we should! But I agree that taking a couple days off is a good idea. Do something to distract yourself and then come back to it. I had to write out on paper pros and cons of the resorts we were looking into just to have all the info in front of me at once and for my fiancé to look over as well and help plan. I think we have decided on what we want but I just told my travel agent that we want some time to think about it before we book so we can really be sure about what we want. Think about the things you really want to do and see and make those a priority. Good luck!
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thailand would definitely be cheaper than Europe. Both would be amazing though!
    When I was planning our honeymoon to Bali I found what I wanted online and took the package to my travel agent and she matched the price and threw in all these extras like tours and another hotel for when we land because we get there at like midnight. Maybe you could try speaking with a professional about it and they could make recommendations. Best of luck to you!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would do Europe as that seems to be a dream for you and will be so exciting!

You could also reach out to a Flight Network (or somewhere like that) travel agent. They don't charge anymore than on the site and it might help with the logistics of everything.

I also wouldn't worry about food options while travelling. There are vegan and vegetarian options a plenty out there!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you need to take a step back and not stress too much. When I got overwhelmed with planning I would take a few days off and come back to it.

I think London and Paris would be a great honeymoon but so would Thailand. Europe will be more expensive overall whereas Thailand will be cheaper once there but is expensive to get to (most of Asia is generally). I think you could make a pro/con list to help you make the choice.

Why will you have trouble eating out while on your honeymoon?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics