Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Frequent user October 2020 Ontario

Honeymoon Ideas in Ontario

Jess, on July 15, 2020 at 08:29 Posted in Honeymoon 0 8

Hi everyone! My fiance and I are getting married the first weekend of October. We have a honeymoon booked but will be postponing that trip and are looking for something in Ontario for 3-4 days. I really liked the look of the Couples Resort, Muskoka, but they are (understandably) booked for our dates. I've tried google-ing all kinds of things and I just can't seem to find much else that compares. My question is does anyone know of any place, or have booked a place/looked into a place, anywhere in Ontario that would still feel like a 'honeymoon' and not just any hotel? Thank you!!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Jess, on July 16, 2020 at 09:54
  • J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a good idea. I feel like I might book a couple things if they have free cancellation too, just to have options.... this is all so crazy! Good luck with your weddingSmiley smile

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah!! I love the look of that! It may take some convincing of my FH but I'm definitely going to look into that option. Look romantic!

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea! Since it is October we weren't sure on the weather etc. but that sure looks like a beautiful spot!

• J
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the look of the JW Mariott! Thanks for that suggesting. That's so similar to what we are looking for!

• L
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have hotels booked in both Niagara and Collingwood right now (good deals on with free cancellation!). Depending on how Canada is doing in Sept, we will either be flying to Banff or staying in ON at one of those locations (all dependant on how each area is doing). Kind of feelings like honeymoon roulette right now, lol.
  • A
    Beginner November 2020 Ontario
    Arsh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could look into glamping resorts in Ontario. We went to Whispering Springs in Grafton for our anniversary and it was a treat, very relaxing

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Girl,

If you and your FH are outdoor people, why don't you do a camping week or weekend somewhere? Have you ever been to sherkston shores? Its a beautiful place that has water park, pools, beach, returant and everything on site. You can rent one of their built in trailers there. We go everywhere and its one of our favourtie places. We always feel like we are on vacation when we go there.

• Megan
    Frequent user April 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sorry it's already booked! I know it's tough when you have your heart set on something. If you're still looking for Muskoka, you could look into the JW Mariott on Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, or the Sherwood Inn. They're both beautiful. There's lots to do at Deerhurst Resort too - but that's a little more family friendly vibes. Or you could try Blue Mountain, Prince Edward County, Niagara on the Lake, or Manatoulin Island/Tobermory. They're all beautiful places with lots to do and see.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics