Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Beginner May 2021 Quebec

Honeymoon - Destination and Cost

Meghan, on September 18, 2019 at 19:00 Posted in Honeymoon 0 22
Hey lovely ladies!

We're trying to plan our honeymoon, but we can't decide on where to go! There's so many options but they all seem to be more expensive than we can afford. Does anyone have any suggestions? Where are y'all going?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on November 30, 2019 at 01:39
  • Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve done it before
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to save money, Cuba is beautiful and relatively cheap compared to other tropical countries. We stayed in an all inclusive 5 star resort for a week for about $2000 each (you can get as cheap as $1000-$1500 depending on what time of year you go)when we went. Of course just keep in mind a 5 star resort in Cuba is about the equivalent of a 3 star in North America. But the beach can't be beat!

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nah that's not really how it works.
  • Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Could you do a cruise to Montego Bay?

haha don't know if that's an option but could work to get off during the cruise

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not sure. FH wants to go on a cruise and then to Universal. I want to go to Sandals Montego Bay. Both of us are *okay* with the other one, but we would prefer our choice. Luckily we have a long time to think about it.

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I believe we are looking at the Renaissance, it’s a couple blocks from the downtown area Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We stayed at the Riu Palace Antilas and really enjoyed it. It's all-inclusive, so it was good that we didn't have to think about dinner every night, and it had a nice stretch of beach that was kind of secluded (so less foot traffic and minimal children). Lastly, it was a really quick was into town, so we were able to try quite a few different restaurants while we were there.

Which Marriott are you staying at exactly? I looked it up on the map and there are so many Marriott's lol. FYI, it looks a little far from the nearby town.

• Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah I’m so happy to hear that! We haven’t decided yet but one of the Marriott hotels for sure! Apparently there are two, one on the beach and one in the city. We are leaning towards city because it is adults only. Where did you stay?
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We did Aruba for our honeymoon and it was AMAZING! Basically my favourite place in the world now lol. What resort are you staying at?

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of people have been going to greece and having been doing air bnbs and leaving when its cheap to fly out there instead of going right after the wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to go to Vegas I think. Its somewhere you can't go for too long (we'll have to leave kids with family) but that is just for adults. We can go to a few shows, do a little gambling and just have a bit of time together.
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Aruba! We found a pretty good deal on Costco vacations - if you’re a member definitely check it out, our package includes flights and hotels and it’s for sure the best deal we’ve found for this location. They have a ton of different places!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are so many great options and resorts. Really look at if you guys are beach people or pool people. That will help with making a decision!

We are going to Excellence Playa Mejures in Mexico. Its a little more expensive than what we wanted, but every time we have gone away it has been with other people, and this is our first trip alone so we wanted to treat ourselves.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going on a cruise in the Caribbean pretty much right away (end of October - hopefully hurricanes are done by then!).

It can get pricey, especially if you start adding on excursions/drink packages, but if you aren't picky on room type/going on excursions, it can be cheaper. Most food is all inclusive - there are some places that have a charge. You can also disembark at the ports-of-call and just relax at the beach until the ship leaves.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We originally wanted New Zealand but it's way too expensive. We decided to do a tour of Europe. I think it's around $1700 each plus meals. We probably won't be able to go right after the wedding, we'll still have to save for it.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What me and my FH are doing is waiting - you could always do a mini-moon and stay home but maybe in a hotel or go to a spa? Then when you save up the money, and get the marriage certificate, you can go somewhere! Especially since if you have the certificate then you have a better chance at discounts Smiley tongue

• Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! that's super helpful!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you can definitely find something in your price range!! June-September is hurricane season, so just keep that in mind when choosing a destination. St Lucia is in the hurricane belt but we think we’ll be ok with going in July.

Aruba isn’t in the hurricane belt. My sister in law went there, as did my parents, and both loved it!

Barbados, Grenada, Curaçao are also not in the hurricane belt.

I would contact a travel agent and see what they can do for you. Look out for deals online as well! I’ve gotten lots of emails from Redtag and Itravel2000 recently!
  • Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, we would be leaving the next day. We were hoping to stay under 5k because we're both students, but we realize that's really hard to stick to due to flights and all that adding up.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re doing two different Sandals resorts in St Lucia for two weeks! We can’t wait to be by the water and in the sun.

What is your budget if you I don’t mind me asking? There’s lots of all inclusive options in the Caribbean! Also when would you be travelling? Right after your wedding? Or another time in the year?
  • Meghan
    Beginner May 2021 Quebec
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so fun!

We definitely want to do relaxing. Like you said, less travel and more being together. I'm less inclined to do a cruise, because ideally we'd be more secluded. And we definitely want a pool!

We actually looked into a few places with private pools, but those get very pricy.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to St. Lucia for two weeks, we want a relaxing vacation versus a travelling one, like a Europe trip.

Any ideas on what you want? Do you want to see different places? Go on a cruise? Or just go to one destination and relax?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics