Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Frequent user February 2020 Ontario

Honeymoon before the wedding?

Liarra, on July 16, 2019 at 22:03

Posted in Honeymoon 36

Hey guys! My fiancé and I are in a really weird job situation currently and as weird as this sounds we’re considering doing our honeymoon before the wedding. The timeline would just help us out HUGE with not having to worry about new jobs / asking for time off work / telling future employers during...
Hey guys!

My fiancé and I are in a really weird job situation currently and as weird as this sounds we’re considering doing our honeymoon before the wedding. The timeline would just help us out HUGE with not having to worry about new jobs / asking for time off work / telling future employers during the interviews that we have a 2 week honeymoon booked and leaving a bad taste in their mouths / moving... amongst many others. We’ve discussed the fact of “will we regret not doing anything after the wedding” and we’ve sort of decided we could still do a 2-4 day mini-moon somewhere local post wedding. We’re both ok with that.

We haven’t told any family or friends yet and not sure if we will, as we don’t really want their opinions to influence our decision. No point in getting people fired up when it’s not set in stone yet.

Has anyone else done this, or had friends who have done this? Looking for suggestions or input. (We aren’t very traditional)

36 Comments

• L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re so right! I feel like even though we aren’t overly traditional I get caught up on “the way things should be or are expected to be”. But it definitely does make sense wayyyy more for our timeline. But yes. It is about our relationship and us. Married before or after doesn’t really matter in the end. But yes we definitely want to do a mini moon still Smiley smile. Thanks for helping!
  • L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s awesome thanks for sharing !
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say go for it!! Isn't the whole point of a honeymoon is to celebrate your relationship and spend quality time together? I would highly encourage you to do a little honeymoon afterwards - just something fun to look forward to! I don't know what part of Ontario you're in but we are doing our mini-moon at the Black River Resort and we seriously can't wait!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have friends that did this! She’s in Med School and it was their only option! Definitely no regrets on their parts!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics