Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Valérie
VIP September 2019 Quebec

Honeymoon - All-inclusive

Valérie, on November 5, 2018 at 20:27 Posted in Honeymoon 0 13

For those of you who spent their honeymoons at an all-inclusive resort, would you mind sharing where you went and for how long? How much was it? Did you get any honeymooner deals or packages?

My FH and I wanted to go off the beaten path for our honeymoon, but February is a tough vacation time at work, so it would be tough for me to leave for more than 5 consecutive days. Instead, we're looking into a low-key all-inclusive vacay and save up for a bigger/longer trip for our 1-yr anniversary!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on November 16, 2018 at 12:12
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm curious to see the feedback you receive so I'm going to subscribe to updates.

My fiancé and I haven't decided where to go yet, but I'm torn between a lesser popular European country or an all-inclusive resort.

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha that should be their tagline! I'm definitely checking that resort now.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went to Riu Reggae in Montego Bay, Jamaica, for $1500 each - the food was great, but the guests were a little older than we expected.

Highly recommend Platinum Yucatan Princess in Playa del Carmen - we paid $2000 each but it was the most amazing experience. I walked into the lobby and my first thought was "So THIS is how Beyonce lives."

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing! I'll definitely look into it Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH proposed to me at Breathless in Cancun and holy moly, it was AMAZING! We went for 4 days and it costs around $2500 for the two of us. It was all-inclusive and was a real 5-star resort. Honestly, if you want something incredible, this place is it. I’ve travelled to tons of other resorts in Punta Cana and Cuba, and it’s really true that you get what you pay for.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will vouch for cruising too! especially after working on them for 2 years. and having been a passenger several times. Smiley smile

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahh, I see! We actually picked a January wedding so that we would be taking any future anniversary trips in the winter! Also I really wanted to leave straight from the wedding to the honeymoon... we go to the airport hotel straight from the reception.

We are going on an 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise, leaves January 21st. We go to Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, St Lucia and Antigua, going out of Fort Lauderdale, FL.

My favourite trips are cruises, I vouch for them 1 million percent. They are all inclusive for food and entertainment, you can purchase an all-inclusive beverage package (which we will be doing), and then you unpack once, and get to see multiple different places.

They have shorter (3, 4 and 5 night) cruises too! Maybe take a look into them? My favourite cruise line is Royal Caribbean. They are fantastic. Also, if you're going to take another trip later, maybe wait and look into a cruise then? The 7-night Eastern or Western Caribbean cruises are awesome!!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most all inclusive resorts have packages for honeymooners. Usually the include an upgrade if its available, romantic dinner, welcome package, and some other perks like discounts at the spa etc.

Depending on where you want to go and what you are looking for in a resort. We went to Riu Reggae in Jamaica last year and it was beautiful. Food was great, and I think for 2 of us we paid close to 4 grand for a week. This was also ocean view and elite plus so those are a little more than just your basic rooms.

Cuba is very nice, food is not the greatest, but it is a little more on the cheaper side. We are going to Cayo Coco in 3 weeks for about $2300 for the 2 of us.

We are looking at Punta Cana for our Honeymoon and 2 weeks for 2 people is anywhere from $4000 - $8000 depending on the resort

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wasn't for a honeymoon. but last week a group of my friends were at Iberostar Grand Star Rose Hall in Montego Bay. and they RAVED about the resort. so much is included in it. and the staff was fantastic. the guys even got to go golfing and all they had to pay for was club rental and a cart (all booze was billed back to the hotel and included. and the hotel covered their transportation there).

the pools are beautiful. the rooms were great.

the resort is 3 resorts. the grand is the highest end one. and they have access to the others (where as the suites and the 3rd don't have access to the grand).

they paid 2200 a person (Canadian, taxes in, direct flight out of Toronto).

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds like an amazing time! Thank you!

• Valérie
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    5 consecutive business days, which is in effect from January to May and again for July and August. Oh the joys of working in post-secondary Admissions hahaha.

We picked February because it breaks up the Winter really well. It's after the holidays, but before March break!

So, where are you going on your honeymoon?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I went to Jamaica for a week around Valentines day when we were dating! (So not honeymoon) its was amazing!! It rained for 2 days but it was still hot so we laid in the pool all day with no sun burn haha!! I highly recommend!! We Stayed in Runaway Bay at the Bahia Principe!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

5 actual days? Or 5 business days? Also, if it is a difficult time to take off work, maybe do it a different time? Just noticing your date is in September, so I'm wondering why you picked February?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics