Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate-Lynn
Frequent user October 2022 Manitoba

Honeymoon

Kate-Lynn, on May 31, 2020 at 12:38 Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
We had originally planned to go to Finland for our honeymoon. We have no decided to stay in Canada this year to help our economy and be close to home. Looking for ideas of great honeymoon destinations in Canada!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 31, 2020 at 22:33
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That would have been so fun!! we canceled our japan honeymoon Smiley sad we are thinking about driving to PEI or NS maybe stay in an air bnb and support some local places. there is also banff on the west side.

• Kate-Lynn
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds amazing! Thank you for the info.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely agree! More Canadians will need to be tourists in our own country so we can help boost our economy. Even having a "staycation" to support local hotels and restaurants can make a big impact of many people took part.

Based on your wedding date in October I would highly recommend the maritimes! Usually mid October is the best time to see the beautiful fall foliage, and the tourist season has died down so it's easier to see the provinces. You can easily fly into Nova Scotia and drive through PEI and New Brunswick. The fall is also a great time for whale watching.
  • Kate-Lynn
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you that’s very helpful Smiley smile
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The nice part about early October is it is prime time for fall colours and temperate weather. Banff and Jasper out west are good, or Mt. Tremblant especially if you still want shopping or amenities. Otherwise, there’s hiking and cabin spots all over you can check out.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it also depends on the time of year as temperatures, precipitation, and humidity varies wildly depending on where you go during what time of year.

I highly recommend the east coast if you're thinking during early August as that's peak lobster season and they have a ton of nature. You can easily hit Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI with two weeks even if you drive (though you can further maximize your time if you fly). If you have to travel during the colder months, the west coast would be nice as it's milder there and they're close to resorts for winter sports if you're into that. Alberta is best during late June and July, especially if you want to hit the mountains or national parks. Otherwise there can be a ton of rainfall during the spring and fall months. If you want to do the big city thing, Toronto or Montreal would be great options during the fall months when the evenings are slightly cooler and the majority of entertainment seasons like big theatre shows or sports games have begun.

• Kate-Lynn
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds really nice!
  • Kate-Lynn
    Kate-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Out east sounds great! We want to do some actual relaxing and site seeing. We also don’t want anything too pricy but want something nice. There are just so many options in Canada it’s hard to pick 1.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aww I’m sorry your original plans are a no go, but props for staying local! This country of ours is so beautiful and hopefully you’ll have ample opportunity for more exotic travel in your life as a married couple ☺️

Turning to your question. Like Amanda said, it really depends what sort of vision you have for your honeymoon. I’m a lifelong resident of N.S. and can’t recommend the East Coast enough. You have the ocean, so much natural beauty, great options for cottaging/BnBs, wineries to visit, etc. And there are urban centres in close proximity with tons of dining options and fancier hotels if that’s what you’re feeling. If you rent a car, you can easily travel between the three Maritime provinces in a couple hours. Anyway that’s my pitch. I’ve also had a fabulous time travelling out West. I can easily picture myself honeymooning somewhere like Banff or Jasper.
    Good luck and happy planning!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to stay at an off-grid yurt on a buffalo farm near Mattawa for a week for our honeymoon. It's no all-inclusive resort but we're so excited!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not too sure what you guys are into but here are a few ideas for the west coast

Victoria, Vancouver or even Kelowna

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics