Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sheena
Beginner November 2018 Queensland

Honeymoon

Sheena, on August 28, 2018 at 07:10 Posted in Honeymoon 0 24
Hi guys
Just wondering how long after your wedding will you be going on your honeymoon? My fiance and I are getting married on the 2nd of November, but aren't going on our honeymoon until late January/early February, after Xmas holidays has come and gone and the kids return back to school.

24 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on September 28, 2018 at 12:26
  • Melissa
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just got married on Sept 15. We had originally hoped to take a mini-moon to the Okanagan Valley in BC for about 4 or 5 days this past week, however things came up and we couldn't make it happen. Rather - we're waiting until Dec 26 to go on our big honeymoon to Singapore (to visit his mom's extended family - and to eat all.the.food!), Syndey, Australia (for New Years) and then taking a month to road trip around New Zealand. It'll be worth the wait Smiley smile

• Sheena
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oooh I see some of you have your big days coming up in the next few weeks, not long to go now ladies!! How exciting!
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to go to Maui in Oct 2019, 4 months after our wedding as it will be cheaper to go then. Hopefully it won't be as crowded as well!

• Megs
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Megs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are getting married this September (23 days away!!!) but we won’t be going on our honeymoon until most likely May 2019. We want to go to Europe and want
    to make sure that the weather is beautiful when we are there.
  • Samantha
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to be leaving the day after our wedding (Sept 23) for 12 days in Costa Rica.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We left the very next day for a week. We rented a cottage in the woods just 2 hours (actually 1 hour on the ferry and 1 hour driving) from our wedding location.

I think it was perfect since we really needed time off to sleep and relax, and to just be away from crowds (we're both major introverts). We came back home more rested than we had been in a very long time.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married Sept 22 not going on honey moon until mid-November. Gone for 2 weeks in Jamaica Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on a "mini-moon" (within Canada) two days after our wedding. We will be doing the tropical vacation for our one-year anniversary.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley heart Hi I can't say but I will be taking 3 weeks to probably the whole month of July off. Just because there be so much to do , see and get everything prepared for our Wedding that's happening July 6th, 2019. I wanna be a part of it all. Even though I have Maid of honor, Matron of Honor and Bridesmaids, the Groom himself has Best man & Groomsmen I am making the hands on everything except the Bridal Shower, or the Buck & Doe, my hands are not allowed to even be involved so I have been told, lol just the same I am so getting excited since day one .

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! Like itll be nice here in May already so we dont see a point of running off so quick! Waiting for some colder weather will make the warm vacation so much better!
  • Sheena
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what we were thinking about doing, because we are both taking a week off after the big day, have a couple of days off and then have the actual honey moon in newzealand next January/february.
  • Sheena
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh the weather makes a huge difference that's for sure
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married May 24 2019 and going on Honeymoon November 2019! When the weather gets crummy again!
  • Sheena
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG that's so cool, wow not long to go now and congratulations in advance.
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a mini moon 3 days after the wedding for a few days. Then we are doing our actual honeymoon in January, so 4 months after the wedding
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We get married on the 23rd of November next year and we won’t be going on our honeymoon until the following April/May if we can afford it. If not it may be even longer.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Sept 29th and we leave for Italy Oct 1st!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Oct 4 2019 and will most likely take our honeymoon in the middle of November for a couple weeks.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't end up going after our wedding. It was the 1st year we went to local area dor 4 days.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was in early July but we dont leave for pur honeymoon until sept 6.
    I wasnt able to take all the time i wanted off work earlier because summer is our busy season so we decided to wait. Its been kinda nice. Gave is a chance to clean up from the wedding and have something else to look forward to!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me and my FH were hoping for a cruise honeymoon so it will depend on when we can hop aboard as well as if we have money by that said time.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married September 15th and leaving on the 18th for our honeymoon. I've been saving my vacation at work so I'd rather just take it all at once and have a month off.
  • B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are waiting till December. Getting married in 17 days! I love fall weather so figured we will waiting till it’s cold to go away
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be going on ours within a week of the wedding but that's just because I'm a student.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics