Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Newbie November 2019 Alberta

Hi Ladies!

Casey, on January 14, 2018 at 09:45 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 7

Because of budget reasons we will not be hiring a musician for an outdoor ceremony and was wondering if anyone else did this and if so did you have music playing from something else?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 19, 2018 at 11:33
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an outdoor wedding and we had our speakers set up near the ceremony location and plugged in our iPod that had songs we had selected. We had jazz playing when guests arrived, my processional song and our recessional song ready to go.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony and reception are happening at the same location. The venue will be taking care of the music during the ceremony, but we have to provide a music list on an iPhone/ipod. I love that I won't have to assign this to a friend or family member.

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My ceremony/reception are in the same place, so the DJ is doing my wedding music.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm considering not hiring a dj.. it's so expensive and I figure we may be able to rent speakers and such and then play our own music through our Spotify account. Has anyone rented speaker and such before?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are subscribing to Spotify for our wedding and downloading our songs through there. We will be playing the songs through speakers. We are doing the same thing for our reception. Our venue has speakers and a sound board to rent. We will have people take turns just to make sure it all runs smoothly during the dance.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just going to download our songs and play them through a battery powered amp for our ceremony.
  • Kait
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When one of my best friends got married, she just had someone playing a track through the sound booth, but didn’t have a musician or anything. I’ll be going the same route more than likely — just playing a track through speakers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics