Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

Hey honey, let’s talk about your honeymoon!

Sinéad, on November 6, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Honeymoon 0 16

Your honeymoon is such an exciting trip to take, especially after all of the work you put into your wedding. You definitely deserve some alone time with your new spouse!

Are you traveling abroad or are you going on the staycation of your dreams?

Will you travel immediately after your wedding, or leaving a couple of weeks/months after your wedding?

Tell us about your honeymoon plans!

Hey honey, let’s talk about your honeymoon! 1

Photo by Chris & Amber Photography in Dartmouth, NS

16 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on May 22, 2020 at 18:01
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since we're going away for our wedding already, my fiance and I decided to wait and go the year after for our honeymoon.

We're going to Anaheim California for 2 weeks and we're going to Disneyland!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We havent decided yet. we may stay here while our families are here and then head on holiday within the month or something

• Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We want to get way! We have decided that if we go right away after we get married we want to go on a relaxing vacation (which he prefers). But if we wait maybe a month or so into the marriage we are going to go on an adventurous vacation (which I prefer). Our destinations are still undecided.
  • Jessica
    Beginner December 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married December 20th so we have to juggle the holiday season. Our venue is an inn and they include a two night stay after the wedding in their package. So we'll stay they're after the wedding to relax. After the holiday season, we're heading to Mexico in January! I wanted it to be close to the wedding so we're still feeling very light and bubbly, but wanted to avoid the chaos of Christmas and New Years travellers.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on eventually going to Ireland, but right after the wedding we are going to do a mini-moon about an hour out of the city. There's an adorable cottage style airbnb that we're hoping to book for a few nights to relax just the two of us right after the wedding.

We've decided to book the week before and after the wedding off work for last minute planning and our little mini-moon.

Not exactly sure when we will get to the big honeymoon but we've honestly been talking about honeymooning in Ireland since way before we got engaged.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We’re having a mini moon in Edmonton since my FH hasn’t been to the mall, etc and we can’t afford to go to London yet. But one year anniversary it’ll be London baby! Haha

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are actually currently sitting in the airport waiting to go on our Honeymoon! 2 weeks in Mexico!
    We waited about a month after to have time to organize everything and then relax before having to pack lol!
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We leave Tuesday for Mexico. It's over 2 months since we got married but we are considering it our honeymoon. We actually weren't thinking we'd have a honeymoon and then this opportunity came up and we jumped at it.
    I am literally counting down the days.
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This sounds like an amazing honeymoon! WOW Smiley laugh I love the personal chef add on.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are leaving the day after, the day after our wedding. So one day to recover, pack, get all those little pre trip things done and then we are off!

We are going for just under 3 weeks - to the Rhine area of Germany, a couple nights in Swizterland at a luxe botique hotel, and then off to Venice where we embark on a cruise in the Mediterranean. Literally cannot wait. Sometimes I feel like we are having the wedding so we can have the honeymoon.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For our honeymoon we're going on a cruise to the Bahamas. We get married on the Saturday and the cruise leaves on the Monday. The day after our wedding (Sunday) we'll be flying to Miami where the boat docks and staying the night just in case flights are delayed or cancelled (especially with it being winter) we stand less of a chance of missing the boat and we can get on the boat earlier.

FH jokes that we've done the most important part of wedding planning by booking our timeslot in the escape room on the ship. Smiley xd

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on a cruise in the Caribbean a week after the wedding, but stayed in Miami Beach a few days beforehand. It was definitely nice to unwind after years of planning a wedding instead of going back to reality right away.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't decided yet. I've been keeping an eye out for deals down south, but we've also talked about going to Europe.

It's still too soon to track flight deals so I'll probably get more progress made after the holidays.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had planned on going somewhere warm for 2+ weeks, but life happened and we are no longer able to do that. So instead, we're doing an extra mini-moon in San Diego at the beginning of December.

We'll probably try and plan something else later next year to makeup for the shortness of this trip.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're going to St. Lucia for two weeks the day after we get married and we can't wait!!

We're splitting our time between two different Sandals resorts in St. Lucia, which will be a good change of scenery! Our flight takes off at 9:30 a.m. the next day, so we'll be at the airport a very few short hours after our reception ends.

Still excited and can't wait Smiley laugh

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We couldn't justify a lot of options we were initially looking at price wise since we're paying for a good chunk of our wedding ourselves. So we've opted to doing a luxury cottage honeymoon. Neither of us wants to deal with the hustle and bustle of airports right after the wedding, so we're taking a leisurely drive up to Muskoka and have this amazing cottage on the lake booked for a week. And it's completely secluded which we knew we wouldn't get the same at a resort or wherever else. We're even having a personal chef come for a night or 2 to cook us dinner since we're saving so much by staying closer to home

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics