Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marleau
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

*help* Wedding Songs!

Marleau, on June 14, 2018 at 14:52 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
My FH and I can’t decide on a 1st dance song let alone the rest of it. I would love to know what you amazing people have done or are doing for 1st dance, mom and son, father daughter, walk down the isle, walk as Mr & Mrs, signing papers, reception enterence, and what ever else I may be missing.
Thank you all in advance!

13 Comments

Latest activity by Chris, on November 13, 2020 at 15:59
  • C
    Newbie December 2020 Dublin
    Chris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I came across this site www.thesingassistant.com - they have a tab for wedding songs and a Spotify playlist linked to it. I found it so helpful for all of my wedding songs.

• Renloy
    Ontario
    Renloy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here is very nice wedding song for first dance or entrance. https://youtu.be/r46FW_u2BWM. It's called smile by Javier Yuch.

• E
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

BROWN EYED GIRL (Van Morrison Cover) by Candace Leca & Michael Paglia !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m1dHaHJhUU

https://open.spotify.com/album/2GMwvu7oOVxKsEFbJD3TnT

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/brown-eyed-girl-single/1371928512

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was one of my favourite parts of planning, but music is something important to me. We are big fans of country music, hence some of our song choices, but the lyrics also had special meaning to us.

Processional Bridesmaids: Heaven by Kane Brown

Bride: Can't Help Falling in Love by Haley Reinhardt

Signing the License: From the Ground Up by Dan & Shay

Recessional: Love You Out Loud by Rascal Flatts

Reception Entrance: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen (an inside joke between me and my FH)

First Dance: Perfect by Ed Sheeran

Mother/Son Dance: Last loon on the Lake (can't remember the artist)

Father/Daughter: My little girl by Tim McGraw

In Memory: You Should Be Here by Cole Swindel

Bouquet Toss: Where them girls at by David Guetta

Garter Toss: TBD

Cake Cutting: Honey Bee by Blake Shelton

Last Dance: Don't Stop Believing by Journey

• Holly
    Frequent user November 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Walking down the aisle to north country girl by Johnny Cash and bob dylan (played by my uncle on guitar no vocals)

after we get married walking down the aisle to Foo Fighters hero (played by uncle on guitar no vocals)

first dance - nothing compares to you the chris cornell version (yes I know it's a break up song but we love chris cornell and spent the weekend away on a road trip when he passed and serius did this awesome tribute with his interviews so it's kind of sentimental)

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Walking down the aisle: Harry in Winter from Harry Potter soundtrack

Recessional song: Say Hey! (I love you) by Michael Franti and Spearhead

First dance: Fly me to the Moon and Lucky (Mash up) by Rick Hale

Mother/child dance: Small Bump by Ed Sheeran

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We spent an entire road trip (20+ hours of driving) trying to come up with a first dance song we both liked! Its hard! Heres what we decided on for music:

Walking down the aisle (wedding party):
    Concerning Hobbits by Howard Shore

Walking down the aisle (bride):
    Can you Feel the Love Tonight - Violin instrumental version

No signing music (we will sign before the ceremony)

Recessional: Levitate by imagine dragons (im not a fan of this song so we may revisit)

First dance:
    Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Swede

And we arent doing any other special dances so i think that's it for our music!
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right, we have some 1st dance songs the we like but can’t agree on but otherwise nothing lol. We have some time to decide, but still you would think that we’d be right on top of something like this lol.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same girl. Same.

The only song we've decided on is the walk down the aisle. Our friend is going to be our ceremony musician. She's got a great version of I've just seen a face by the Beatles. Other than that...zero ideas.

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Walking down the aisle: live instrumental version of Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez

signing: instrumental version of Like Normal People Do

Recessional: First Day of My Life

First Dance: The Way I Am by Ingrid Michealson...sweet, short, and a little fun.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did what Leahb suggested and spent a night on Spotify, our DJ also had a list of song categories on a questionnaire for us to rank from play to do not play. Me and hubby knew there were certain songs that had to be on the playlist since they meant a lot to us individually and as a couple. We created a spotify playlist and shared with our DJ as songs that had to be played otherwise we relied on his expertice and the questionnaire on what to play and not play. they night turned out pretty amazing so we were very happy with the DJ. Are you having a DJ? They usually have suggestions. Happy planning Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Uh let's hope I remember:

Walking down the aisle - It is you I have Loved by Dana Glover

Signing of the Marraige Certificate - Better Together by Jack Johnson

Walking UP the aisle as husband and wife - Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher by Jackie Wilson (we keep calling it the Ghostbusters song haha)

Entrance to the reception - I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness

First Dance song - Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran

Father/Daughter Dance Song - It's for my Dad by Nancy Sinatra

Mother/Son Dance Song - What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

Some of the songs were SO easy to pick (first dance/walking down the aisle) as we already had envisioned those before we got engaged. Some songs I just played around on YouTube to find (Walking up the aisle/signing the certificate). The father daughter dance I googled the crap out of suggestions.

We just randomly selected the entrance song when the DJ asked us, its fine and the Mother/Son Dance is a generic one.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you tried Spotify?

For father daughter and mother son songs: Think if the songs that remind you of your parents...even if they’re playful silly songs - and then have your band or someone do a first dance worthy cover of it.

You may opt to select an instrumental song for your entrance.

What’s on your playlist now? What songs make you melodramatically clutch your heart with all the feels?

Does your DJ have any suggestions?

Instead of Netflix and chill, spend an evening doing Spotify/YouTube and chill.

Enjoy the process!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics