Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julia
Newbie September 2021 Ontario

Help! Reception decor advice needed

Julia, on February 22, 2020 at 19:11 Posted in Wedding reception 0 6
Help! Reception decor advice needed 1
Help! Reception decor advice needed 2
I’m in need of some inspiration/advice on how to make the room look a bit brighter and less gloomy. I know the stained glass windows and old chandeliers are part of the character of this space but its my least favourite aspects. I know in my heart I can make the room look brighter while still maintaining a classy feel without there being too many colors going on. My color scheme is all white with just green leaves from the centerpieces as the 2nd color.

Should I try to rent chairs? Chair covers? Maybe add gold centerpieces to tie in the gold/yellow chandeliers?
Also, my head table is going to be along the wall on the left side of the 2nd photo where there are currently glasses and bottles of wine. How can I make this stand out (head table total head count is 10 including my fiance and I, we’ll have it against that wall)
Any advice appreciated, Thank you!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on March 9, 2020 at 14:50
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is a lovely space and the decor is so unique. It might be nice to just add plant greenery as your runners with lots of candles to bring that lighting into the room. For the head table, use your flower bouquets in vases to make them different from the other tables.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly when I look at this room I see navy blue table cloths with lots of candles along the centre of the tables and everything else as is.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Uplighting might also help Smiley smile
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a beautiful space.Smiley heart

As others have said, yes the chairs will make a huge difference. If it is in your budget, I would get completely different chairs. Hanging white drapes is another good one. uplighting is always nice in any wedding.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the shape of the chairs might make them hard to cover with traditional chair covers. But if it bothers you you could rent chairs.

If it were me I would ask them to take down the artwork, I find it more distracting than the stained glass or the chandeliers.
    For the wall behind the head table, could you do uplighting? It could really show off the brick work on the arch without being to loud or distracting.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the gloomy feeling you’re getting from the room is that there is a lot of dark wood that pulls light. You can amend that by getting white chairs or you could hang a couple white drapes to lighten each side of the room.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics