Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jade
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Help! do i invite them?

Jade, on May 22, 2018 at 01:20 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
I need some help so I'm a hairstylist and my salon is open on Saturdays and I'm getting married in September on a Saturday lol and I dont know if I invite my co workers there's like 7 of us in total and I know they won't close the salon should I still invite them all to be polite?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on May 25, 2018 at 09:43
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would only invite them if you want them to be there just in case they are able to close. If you know for certain they won't close the salon, invite your co-workers you're close to rather than inviting everyone.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am inviting the coworkers that I am close with but that is it. Same with my fiance.

If you are close with all of them then definitely go ahead and invite them. If anything they can come to the reception once they are done work and be there for the party Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Gina about the co workers come after work if they can make it. If your giving the invites formally, put the address as a regular guest and hand it out to them. Luckily, my husband's co workers made it since the company had some staff from other locations covering the shifts for the day.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Are you close to them? For myself I have a very small staff so they are almost my extended relatives, we share a lot of our personal lives with one another. So I chose to invite, the only thing that stopped me at first was that we are in a hotel so....if I invited everyone who would work (can't close a hotel down)?

I spoke to my GM and she arranged to have staff from a different location cover us for a day.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it depends how close you are. I invited a couple coworkers only because we have hung out outside of work. I don’t think you need to invite them to the wedding unless you hang out outside of work
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would invite them and say “I understand not everyone can take the whole day off, but even if you can come after work, that would be great!” That way they know you’re understanding of them not being able to make it for the ceremony etc.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! I would invite them if you really want them there, or skip the invite if you are just being polite. Maybe you can invite them to the reception, if the salon closes before the reception.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're just doing it to be polite, maybe skip their invites, but if you really want them there, maybe you invite them to the reception, depending on when the salon closes Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics