Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynsey
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Help! Are you doing wedding favours??

Lynsey, on December 18, 2017 at 23:23 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 115
I’m totally on the fence about wedding favours. I can’t even begin to think of any ideas, nor is there anything that has caught my attention.

115 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on February 17, 2020 at 22:57
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won’t be doing any party favours! In my personal opinion it’s to often that ppl just disregard them, lose them, or throw them away so I don’t find it worth it!
  • Alison
    Curious November 2019 Ontario
    Alison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a crazy hard time thinking of party favours that were fun and somewhat useful, I ended up doing chocolate bar seating cards and these slippers
    Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 1
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have struggled SOOOOOOO bad with this. I gave up and decided ill just buy cookie mix and make heart shaped cookies with icing and something cute written on them. Cheap and easy. People really do not care about favors I find and the smartest thing is to get something you wont mind if people dont take. Get like your favorite candies that way if they dont take them then you will be able to eat them lmao

• Cash
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Cash ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having a "candy bar" for our wedding, and we're considering them as favors... We're already buying them food and drinks for the evening, I don't see the need to give them gifts as well when we're paying $80/ person just to be there.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Lisa !! I think so too Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we are going to make a donation on behalf of our families instead. My dad had a very bad car accident Oct 2016 and there were and are so many who helped and continue to help him on the days that I can't , so I wanted to honour that some how. For our engagement party we have out bottle stoppers and they were well received by everyone. Not sure what your theme is and if something like that would work. They cost us about $2.50 each. Check out KateAspen.com, lots of great ideas there!!! Good luck!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love personalised M&Ms!!!! I think they are so cute!
  • Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Great question to ask Lynsey! I am also thinking on what to do.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We chose 3 charities/organizations that have helped our friends and family in some way. Guests will write their name on a plastic coin and place the coin in the jar they wish to donate to. When we send out our thank you cards we will thank them for their donation to "MS society of Canada". I have felt a lot of guilt during wedding planning, thinking of all the money we are spending on details, so this has really helped me.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Apple shape containers from recycled plastic bottlesHelp! Are you doing wedding favours?? 2

So many great ideas. Thank you all. My wedding is another 1.5 years away. So I have plenty of time to prepare. I don't want to spend too much on wedding favours and I don't want to pay for things which will be thrown away by the guess once they were home. I am thinking of giving Organic bath bombs and soaps cause I know how to make them. As for container, I am thinking of making cute containers from plastic bottles which I learned from youtube. My fiance only drinks Pepsi on daily basis and we have plenty of plastic bottles to recycle every week Smiley sad .

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We gave this crystal tealight votive holder to guests per household. If we had done per guest, it would have cost more.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 3

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 4
  • Vanessa
    Beginner January 2019 Alberta
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing stemless wine glasses that have our names and wedding date on them. One website that is really affordable is https://www.weddingstar.ca/. We wanted something that we enjoy and that won't get thrown away, but our guests will actually get some use from.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes! We are going to do mini succulents.

Something like this. Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 5

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks ! I’m getting them right from the m&m website ! They have a whole section to customize them Smiley smile
  • Surina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered them on line at wish.

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a cute idea where are you buying these from Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So cute!! Where did you get these?

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're still making the final decision but leaning towards just having a cute bowl with personalized matchbooks with our names and wedding date.

They are fairly cheap and I think people will pick them up whether it be smokers or for candles at home. It used to be an old school thing and my mom still has a bag of them from weddings she has been to.

If people don't take them I'll sure use them at home for candles and won't be stuck with a bunch of one item I won't have a need for.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is a beautiful idea Jamie. So sweet

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the info Surina! I’m going to look into them.
  • Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing "cookies by Claire"
    My mom passed away in 2013, so our favors are in honor of her! I will be baking all of them using her recipes! It makes me smile a bit knowing people will get to enjoy her favorite recipes 🙂
  • Surina
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered them on line from wish. they were really inexpensive.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha right?! Back to the drawing board for us. Depending on the cost, I might just do small bottles of wine. Most people like wine lol.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are adorable! Where are they from?
  • Brittany
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My plan is to make cookies with our wedding date on them - edible but also specific to our wedding. I haven't really looked at many other ideas though! We're doing a dessert bar and we'll probably just have little bags for guests to take some cookies home with them.

• Brittany
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this idea! So cute. I also have many out of town guests (and even some out of country) so it wouldn't work for us either... shame though because it's an adorable idea!

• Surina
    Surina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 6

This is the boxes for my favors. I am just going to put hugs and kisses in them as i will be having a candy bar at my reception.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Would totally work for you if your wedding is later in September!! Smiley smile
  • Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The hot chocolate idea is super cute ! Love that
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

General rule of thumb if you don't want to feel like you're wasting money: don't do something gimmick-y (monogrammed junk that no one will use), and keep it inexpensive.

I am going back and forth between something edible, or something that can be used again (chalkboard candle holder - doubling as their place card with their names written on it, deck of cards with a "lucky in love" sticker, etc). I'm having a January winter wedding, so my most recent fixation is a clear cone bag with a hot chocolate mix (chocolate powder, chocolate chips & mini marshmallows) with a "Thank You" sticker on it, tied up with ribbon matching my wedding colours. SUPER inexpensive, and so cute for the theme! Amazon.ca is great for simple bags/wrappers, and I have looked a lot on www.beau-coup.com for favour ideas.

• Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did these. I also kept to a $1 a person budget. Most people only keep favors for so long, but they like having something substantial to take home and show of.

50-Sets-Craft-Candy-Box-with-Key-Bottle-

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50-Sets-Craft-Candy-Box-with-Key-Bottle-Opener-Tag-Card-Paper-Box-for-Wedding-Favors/32796546218.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.UO4eZH

I did also make these for my mother and my mother-in-law out of some old and tired looking china cups they loved.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 7

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 8

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I came across something online about in the place of wedding favours, to make a small donation to your guests' favourite charity in their name. I kinda love this idea because we're having a very small wedding (and reception is at our house) so this cuts out candy wrappers being left all over the place, or forgotten, or thrown out immediately when our guests get home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics