Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paige
Newbie July 2020 Alberta

Help

Paige, on September 27, 2019 at 18:27 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 8
So I want to have my sister be a matron of honour. My man and myself have discussed that we only want 3 people standing beside each of us. So I have a maid of honour and 2 brides maids, but still want my sister to be apart of it!! Is it possible to still have my sister be a matron of honour but sit for the ceremony? Or is this rude? Don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings!!! Please help a girl out ! Thank you so much

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on September 28, 2019 at 12:03
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Seems you two have found a resolution to your issue and that is wonderful to know your sister is standing up beside you.

• Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m glad you sorted it out.My brother and sister in-law originally asked her sister,myself and another friend to stand with them and about a month before they told me they weren’t having anyone stand with them..That was total BS I found out the night before the wedding after a few drinks that the friend and I were ditched but her sister was still standing with them.I was heartbroken because I have always felt like the ugly fat duckling with these girls and wasn’t going to go to the wedding after being snubbed.Needless to say she’s not being asked to stand with me and I’m still bitter about the fall out 3 years later.
  • Paige
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree, I was talking about it with my boyfriend and told him she will stand with us
  • Paige
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I thought! Thank you I will just have her up beside me!!
  • Paige
    Newbie July 2020 Alberta
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sarah! Perhaps we will just do an uneven number Smiley smile
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally would be offended if I were asked to do all of the duties of a matron of honour for the wedding but told to sit.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lots of weddings have uneven sides.
    I think there is potential for hurt if you ask your sister to sit for the ceremony.
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have an uneven amount of groom side to bride side. It is totally fine in my opinion to ask her. Having her sit might be strange .... but it’s up to you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics