Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alicia
Newbie May 2020 British Columbia

Head table or sweetheart table... bridal party drama?

Alicia, on August 29, 2019 at 17:18 Posted in Wedding reception 0 13
Hey everyone!
Are you doing a sweet heart table? Or a head table....

I really wanted a head table with all out bridal party sitting with us..... but a few members have voiced their opinion on wanting to sit with their S/O and, their S/O not knowing anyone and it being weird etc...... I dont want to upset my bridal party.... what do i do? What are you doing ???

13 Comments

Latest activity by Tina, on September 1, 2019 at 10:27
  • Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was reading a photographer's blog yesterday and one thing he suggested is sitting at table one, instead of having a head table or sweetheart table. The B&G could be at a table with each couple's parents, the MOH & SO, and the BM & SO. I dunno. I kinda like the idea. And we're not very traditional so it could work.

Alternatively, make the head table a round table like the rest for the bridal party and their SOs. This would only work if it's a smaller party though. Mine's 12 (with SOs) so that could be an option too.

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never really understood head tables and think sweetheart tables are so lovely.
    One person I know who opted for a sweetheart table said that weddings are about love and she didn't want to separate anyone from their love while they celebrated hers. I thought that was a really nice sentiment.
  • Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They should grow up, it's not their day. If the S/Os don't know anyone, talk to the other S/Os!! Problem solved.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The way I looked at it and my MOH pointed out - the dinner is an hour long event - if that-and they can mingle after. She told me to not worry do the head table and people can survive the dinner with whoever they are seated with. The rest of the night the S/O can be with them. Its one day you are asking them to sit with you at the front.

• Julia
    Beginner July 2021 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    S/O can deal with sitting apart for dinner, it’s not as though they will be apart for the entire night.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It really depends on your wedding party, but it is your wedding and you guys have final say at the end for what will work with your venue.
    We are doing a head table as our siblings are the wedding party, and they all know each other so it won’t be that bad.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we are going to have a Sweet Heart table. We have a few others that have S/O's that we feel bad separating them from (not a big deal if we have to though - they can last an hour without them).

Other reason for having a sweet heart table is because idk about you - but having the wedding party with them at the table always makes me feel uncomfortable going up to the bride and groom to wish them well and talk to them. If you have a sweet heart table you can just put a couple chairs across from you for people to come and chat a little!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% have your head table if you want. Like others said they are adults. Once dinner is over everyone sits where they like anyway.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we're having a king table where we sit with our families, bridal party, and their significant others. Avoids that whole problem if space allows.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do whatever you want.. it’s your wedding and your bridal party and their significant parties are all adults. Whether or not they can carry a conversation with strangers over dinner isn’t really your problem. I am sure they will be fine like I said they’re all adults. Seat the partners together so they can bond over the fact that they don’t know anyone. It’s just for the meal, after everyone gets up and mingles around anyway
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You could do a head table and have all of the S/Os sit at a table together. They’ll have something in common by having girlfriends/wives/boyfriends/husbands in the bridal party.
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had to do a head table due to venue constraints. Our Max Capacity was plus head table. We didn't have room for another round and a dancefloor.

We sat all wedding party plus ones together, up near the head table. And also called them as the first table to eat after family tables.

That way they were still close, they got a benefit from it, and some had met each other at pre wedding events.

Honestly it's an hour or so of your day... they are going to have to mingle and make friends while your wedding party is doing wedding party stuff. It won't kill them.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Doing a sweetheart for this reason and works better with my venue however its your day its what you want! Sit all the S/O together and they can bond over being “alone”! Its just to eat!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics