Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaitlyn
Beginner February 2021 British Columbia

Having a tough time!

Kaitlyn, on July 26, 2020 at 18:05 Posted in British Columbia 0 3

Hello everybody! how is all the planning going? I emailed my venue as we have 100 guest and as of right now we can only have 50 people but my fiancé and I are torn on decisions on what we should do I said we should just go ahead with the day and throw a party the following year on our 1 year? what is everybody else deciding to do! such a tough decision but not much we can do at this point especially if cases keep going up I'm just getting super discouraged!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Caroline, on August 6, 2020 at 13:02
  • Caroline
    Beginner August 2020 British Columbia
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is next week, and we had 46 guests. Although we thought that we were ok with our numbers you must count the staff in that number.. At first we thought that we would have to take some of our guests off the list but SURPRISE!!! we got 20 guests cancelling on us! I can't tell you how defeated we were... We decided to do it anyways because we are doing it for US not for our guests and we will make the best out of it.

After all the effort I've put in organizing our day, after a first postponed in May there was no way for me to wait until next year.

My advise to you is, follow your heart and do what's good for you both.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry Kaitlyn. I know a lot of people are doing what you're doing, having a minimony or elopement now, and having the big celebration at a time when everyone can celebrate together safely. The other choice is to cut down your guest list to just 50 people.

That being said, if your wedding isn't until January it's almost certain the rules will have changed by then, so while it's smart to have a plan B in mind you do have some time to wait and see how things go over the next months and we learn more about the disease.

• Vanessa
    Devoted December 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello!

We are going through this exact same situation right now. We have 130 people invited to our wedding and right now we can only have 65 people at the ceremony and 30 people at the reception. As of right now there is no dancing, everyone has to wear masks and so many other restrictions .. this is becoming more of a chore to plan a wedding than a fun and exciting time for us.

We are debating on postponing until next December because this just isn't what we envisioned and stressing everyday is just crazy.

Our deciding factor will ultimately be the boarders. We would be fine if we could only have a few people but my fiance is from Connecticut so his whole family, wedding party and friends live there.

As of right now we are still undecided but we are thinking my mid-August we will make our final decision.

Keep us updated on what you decide and good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics