Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sharlene
Expert August 2019 Alberta

Having a great weekend until our videographer cancels

Sharlene, on May 20, 2019 at 01:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
So our videographer just cancelled on us less than 3 months before our wedding. They refunded all of our money, but now we have to try to find a replacement with 75 days and one that will travel to Jasper which is four hours from the capital city of Edmonton. Fingers crossed we will find someone!!!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Sharlene, on June 6, 2019 at 13:33
  • Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked. Extra $590, but she is a super sweet young lady and we will be keeping the same amount of coverage as we originally decided to have.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My gosh, don't suppose that you had it in the contract that they were to find you a replacement or anything?

As for finding somebody, I would think it would be okay but it's a matter of most of them just getting back to you. I know I waited until my 6 month mark before looking for one so that they would be more inclined to lower the price not only because we only need the ceremony recorded but because them being available means they can either make a little money - or none.

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I gave that a try. Someone will surface, hopefully the right someone for our price point and desired amount of coverage.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think you should be fine to find someone else. You may get a deal too since it's so soon.. that is horrible though and still an extra stress you don't need.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you, Sharlene.

I hope you're able to find someone soon. There are some listed on the WeddingWire directory, might be helpful and save you some time to blast a couple with a copy and paste email and see if they're free Smiley smile

Wedding Videography Edmonton

Let us know when you get someone booked Smiley heart

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Bianca. It does suck. We will find a replacement for sure. We are hoping that it doesn't come at a cost to the budget or the amount of coverage, but time will tell. Life circumstances had them close their business. We are working feverously to find a replacement within our budget. And we let them know that we were cancelled on, hoping that pulls on their heartstrings to help us out of the delema.

• Sharlene
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Becky. I have been and I have my fiancé contacting people too. We are doing what we can and hoping for the best possible outcome and discussing what we will settle for if it comes to that.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sucks but you're absolutely going to find a replacement. What was their reason for cancelling?

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear Sharlene! This is disappointing and can be difficult at times. I wish you the best of luck on finding a new person. I know it can be difficult. I would send emails like crazy to anyone that you think could be an option and go from there.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so sorry that happened. 3 months you totally go this

• Miranda
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Miranda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can do it, with 3 months that’s enough time!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its terrible your videographer cancelled on you on a short notice yet nice to refund you everything. I hope there is some good news to follow through with another vendor.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no!! I’m crossing my fingers and sending positive vibes your way!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh no! That is not good at all! Amazing that they refunded your money!
    Fingers crossed you will find one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics