Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Have you talked about starting a family?

Cliodhna, on December 9, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

Your wedding is the first official step in forming your own new family! Have you and your future spouse discussed how large that family might be, or what it will look like? Whether you’re thinking about kids, furbabies, or how you want to parent - all that matters is that you and your partner are on the same page!

Have you and your fiancé(e) talked about starting a family?

Have you talked about starting a family? 1

Photo by Geneviève Sasseville Photographie in Prevost, Quebec

Next Question: Have you decided how to divide household expenses?

Back to the Beginning: Are you ready to say "I do"?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on January 8, 2020 at 14:21
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We want to get a house first so we're looking at a couple more years. We decided on two children, but lately I've been thinking about three...but since we're starting later, two is more realistic!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh definitely! He'd be happy to start right away, but I have a couple of performance exams I need to get past and then we can start, I told him by our first wedding anniversary we can start 😂
  • Rachel
    Frequent user September 2022 Alberta
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love this. We have a dog and cat and we call our household "the family". We have talked extensively about children and though they are likely not in our future, we are still a family Smiley heart
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Of course!! have to have all the hard talks before getting engaged! we both want a family!

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have talked about having a family. We currently have a dog and 2 cats. We don't plan on having kids right after the wedding we will probably wait a year or 2 so we can experience married life. also travel a little first. But yes kids will be in our future Smiley heart

• M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our family is done. We have 2 kids together, a dog and a cat.
    Our son is very vision impaired and we will likely be adding a guide dog at some point, and I'm a sucker for animals that need a home, but no more kids. They were fun when they were tiny but I love being a mom to teens/pre-teens.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We talked about this before he even proposed! Neither of us want kids, but furbabies are a definite once we get your own house. We live in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs and we have a few family and friend that are allergic to cats, so both are out right now.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This topic did come up and it was looked into though its very costly of the surrogacy process and costs. We have dogs as kids so that works for us. Husband doesn't have what it takes to be a father with a potty mouth, yelling and no changing ways of personal attributions.

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have and we agree that we don't want kids right away. We will wait till we are in our 30's and probably only have 1, 2 at the most. But we 100% want fur babies!

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We talk about this a lot.
    We've been together for 10 years and for the last 4 years or so our families have both been asking about kids. The first time he was asked he looked at me for an answer and after that we sat down so we could be a united front when the questions roll in.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Duh! Who gets married without being on the same page about kids, money, and religion??

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve talked about how our four-pawed children will be plenty to keep our lives busy and happy
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YAS GIRL.

My FH and I do want kids eventually but not until our jobs are more stable, we have a house, etc. So at least another few years for us.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already have two fur babies, and we definitely do want to start a family soon-ish! i graduate from university about a year after the wedding so we’ll likely start trying around when I graduate
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're already a family, 2 is a family too!

*climbs off soap box*

We don't want kids, it's just not something for us and they'd only slow me down as I'm running through Disney World Smiley tongue . When we get a larger apartment FH will let me get a cat though. We have two platy fish named Duchess and Linguine right now.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! Extensively. FH has a daughter (11) who we have on a limited part time basis, so we have had discussions about what that looks like and as well discussion about not having any children of our own outside of furbabies! Smiley smile

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Having kids has always been the most important thing for us. We plan on starting to try a few months after the wedding. 😊 I can't wait!
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Neither of us wants kids, we're both happy enough being the cool aunt/uncle to our sibling's kids. We're both huge animal lovers though so we'll be sticking with fur babies! We have one right now that will be our ring bearer, and we're thinking of getting another soon after the wedding in July. Honestly, I'd be happy with buying a house out in the middle of nowhere and just having all the typical farm animals lol.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have done everything backwards. We have two children together, I have two from previous marriage. Won't be having any more.
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've been talking about a dog a lot lately haha.

No babies for us any time soon, we currently both don't want kids but we have two fur babies already and want to get a dog sometime in the next few years

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're actually talking about starting a family all the time right now! Originally, we were going to wait at least a year before even beginning to try but with some things going on right now - we're debating to start earlier than that.

We'll see!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics