Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

Have you gone over budget?

Cliodhna, on November 11, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

Have you accidentally (or intentionally!) overspent on some aspect of planning? Perhaps you decided to upgrade your linens after seeing the selection on offer? Or maybe you thought you had more dollars allocated to hair and makeup than you actually had?

Have you gone over budget?

Next Question: Have you had a flash of cold feet?

Back to the Beginning: Wedding Planning Confessions

24 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 11:39
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not yet, but we still have some time to overspend lol

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No, we did adjust our budget before signing the contract with the venue, but once that was done, we were within the budget!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Technically no because the overages were covered by what our parents contributed 😬
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Waaaay over budget - we had no idea how much stuff really cost when we set our original budget. Everything was 1.5-2 more expensive than I thought it was going to, so our original budget got thrown out the window. Our guest list also ended up being about 1/3 bigger than we thought it was going to be.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well the initial budget was based off of no research at all, so when we started to really look into everything we realized we needed to reset our budget. We saved a lot in a few areas but we forgot about a few expenses so we're estimating to be about 1500 over, but I think were going to come in closer to budget Smiley smile
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not yet. Still lots of time. I saved in quite a few areas already so we'll see. Spending less is a game for me.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We made a budget in the beginning but we had NO idea how expensive everything is so we redid our budget accordingly.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same case here. My FH and I had picked a rather "random" number early on, and, during research, had to re-arrange things. We are paying for everything up front, so the real marker for us if we go "over" is if we have to put anything on credit to pay off oer a few months past the wedding.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nop! We actually ended up under budget by a couple of thousands, which was a nice surprise.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven’t so far but there’s still time lol. We should be good

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went over - but only by roughly $1,500 so it wasn't too bad. The main thing we went over budget on would be the Venue but it was such a good deal!! The whole place for the entire weekend??? C'mon!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original idea for a budget is turning out to be pretty unrealistic, so we've had to rethink our finances a bit

• Samantha
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What budget?
    LOL kidding. For certain things we have gone over budget but only to substitute for convenience. I rather have 1 vendor deal with 2 things rather then two different vendors. Easier to keep track of for us.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went waaaaaay over budget on my dress, but my mom was paying and she was the one pulling the dresses 🤷🏼‍♀️ she was happy to pay, so crisis averted, but i just never expected to spend that much!!! otherwise, we’re under budget so far!
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went a little over budget on my dress, but only because I hadn't thought to include tax in my budget. I walked away from the dress that would have required me to sell a kidney, so I think I did ok.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t have a strict budget. It was more so the best bang for our buck was what we were going for. I could have done things a lot cheaper, but we didn’t want to skimp and regret it.
  • S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to admit, I went way over budget with our favors. I did not tell my FH, but he might find out now....lol

I have quest coming to Quebec from the states, so a maple leaf bottle w/syrup is the perfect way the say Thank You. Just not the cheapest.

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yep. We had a loose budget that we wanted to stick around but it's kindof evaporated since finding out how much everything actually costs.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went over in some areas (e.g. photographer) but were able to save in other areas with DIY (e.g. stationary).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering everything, it was under budget and great to feel so happy about it too. Husband wanted such a wedding that would be a showpiece wasted and the cost saved as to wasting it.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some areas yes, but we cut down on others. I feel I went over with the DIYS lol

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The thing that sent us over budget was the food, we're spending about $2,000 more than we had planned but it's amazing food, so we thought it was worth it. Everything else though has either hit the mark price wise or was less, so $2,000 over budget isn't bad in the grand scheme.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I went over budget on my dress, veil and our rings, but we're under budget for everything else so in the grand scheme of things we're under budget as a whole.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In some areas yes - didn't expect to spend so much on cake.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics