Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kacy
VIP February 2019 Quebec

Has anyone here thought of/held their wedding reception or heard about/attended a wedding at L’ambroisie (montreal, Quebec)

Kacy, on April 25, 2018 at 07:31 Posted in Quebec 0 6
Hi gang!! As the title suggest, I’m looking to hear from anyone who has considered/did/gone to or heard about a wedding at l’Ambroisie!
After a long and difficult wedding planning process, FH and I *might* have found a place that suits our restricted budget/wants and after all this time, I’m trying to keep it cool (though my heart is dancing like crazy in hopes that it works out with this venue!!!!). Smiley sexy

Anyone have any feedback or comments? Smiley catface Thanks in advance! Xo

6 Comments

Latest activity by Kacy, on April 28, 2018 at 13:06
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Makes sense. I'll be sure to keep that in mind, but so far they said our number would be fine, but I'll be sure to confirm and take a good look at the space. Thank you so very much for your responses, you've been very helpful Smiley smile

• A
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Allyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We wanted the Espace Canal space at the venue, not the restaurant side, but we were having a smaller wedding around 85-90 people and would have needed to pay for 110 for dinner. That is their minimum for that space. I also wanted the space to feel intimate, and since we were having a lower guest count I was concerned I would need to do a lot of decorating to make it feel that way. The space is beautiful, especially since it has gorgeous outside space. It ended up not being the perfect space for our wedding and wants/needs.

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thank you very much!

Yes, I did ask about cake cutting, parking fees, etc, but I didn't think to ask about coat check... which is especially important for us seeing as we're looking at a winter wedding. May I ask what made you decide against it in the end? Thank you!!

• A
    Newbie September 2018 Quebec
    Allyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went there to look at the venue and almost took it as well. It will depend on how many guests you will have, make sure you read all of the paperwork they give you with the menus. They have additional fees like coat check, cake cutting etc.

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Lynnie! I already checked out those reviews, but they are several months- years old, and they also contrast quite a bit with "guest" perspectives on TripAdvisor Smiley atonished

I also did check out some photographer blog posts, but I was hoping to have some comments/opinions from people here, if possible, though I figured it'd be a long shot! Smiley smile

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Kacy! They have a few reviews here on WeddingWire so I'd definitely check those out:

Reviews for Restaurant L'Ambroisie on WeddingWire.ca

I also found some gorgeous photographer blog posts from past weddings at the venue - sometimes those wedding features have more reception action photos you can check out! Smiley shame

Anthony and Kirsten - Wedding at L'Ambroisie

Real Wedding by Esther Gibbons Photography

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics