Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clauds
Frequent user August 2020 Ontario

Hair/makeup for August Ceremony?

Clauds, on June 10, 2020 at 17:34 Posted in Beauty 0 8

So I've recently made the decision to postpone my reception to next year and will have a small ceremony on my original date. A dilemma I now have is with hair and makeup. In addition to myself, I also paid for my 2 BMs and mom. I at least want my hair and makeup done but I'm thinking everyone else will have to just wait until next year. At this point, I can't see all of us in a condo together. Even with masks I'm not sure how safe this would be.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Anyone else in the same boat?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 19, 2020 at 20:32
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have been thinking the same when it comes to brushes 😝 I don’t know about all of the other ladies but I don’t exactly clean mine after every use and it bugs me to wonder how many different faces those brushes touch.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That and I don't think makeup artists, especially independent contractors, are bound by any medical college regulating the industry. Combine that with any shared tools like brushes and the actual makeup materials itself, I know I would feel very uneasy even during non-covid times. That's why I was wondering if people typically supply the artists with their own powders, eye shadows, etc in these situations. But hey, I'm a dude so what do I know about makeup Smiley laugh

• A
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just a heads up that makeup applications are still not permitted in Ontario. Although it lists beauty salons as being able to reopen, there is still the following restriction in stage 2: "prohibiting services that tend to a customer’s face, such as facials, facial hair grooming, eyebrow grooming and makeup, as well as oxygen bars"
    Hair is permitted because you can wear a mask easily.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good call on the postponement and keeping ahead with your vendors to get the date arranged.

The hairstylist/make up artist is willing to do the same for you next year to do the service agreed if you choose to just have your hair done this year? It would be good to find out and finding a solution to have a friend you know help out for your day this year will be helpful.

Considering the limit of the crowd up to 5 - 10 people is ok to have a condo with everyone you want there and still feel safe.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can have the MUA wear a mask and sanitize when she arrives. but you can get someone cheaper for your intimate day.like you dont have spend a lot. we also just increased from 5 people to 10 people gatherings

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just wondering, for those who are getting their makeup and hair done by a pro during the pandemic, are you supplying them the materials to use? Something about sharing brushes and applicators would make me feel uneasy.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would check with the stylist and see if they can move the deposit to a new date. If they can I would push their appointments to the reception date. If they won't let you push the date maybe see if you can stagger the appointments a bit so that only one person is in the space with the stylist at a time unless otherwise allowed.

It will be nice to have a bit of pampering next year to make sure the reception feels just as fancy as if it were happening with the original plan.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So in Ontario they now extended from 5 people to 10 people gatherings if that helps. Otherwise perhaps everyone else can do their own hair and makeup and see if the price you paid could be moved to next year?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics