Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rekramer
Expert November 2018 Ontario

Hair inspiration

Rekramer, on May 19, 2018 at 05:39 Posted in Beauty 0 6
Hi all,

My mom and I have been doing my hair since I was little and I decided I’d like to have her do my hair for the wedding rather than a random hair dresser I’ve never met. The only problem is, I’m having trouble finding real life examples of half updos for long hair. If anyone hair REAL PHOTOS of half updos that we’re comfortable for you or someone your personally know, please share them.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on May 22, 2018 at 22:15
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did look in the real weddings. So far, that’s been the best examples I could find. Just hoping to see a few mor before I make my choice. Agree about the issues with the Pinterest styles 100%
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rekramer! Have you tried looking through the Real Weddings here on WeddingWire.ca? You can't filter by hairstyle, but you could definitely find some real pictures!!

The only problems I've ever had with pinterest or inspiration hairstyles is if I don't have enough hair for the style (tons of braided styles and updos require a whole lot of hair!), or if I've picked a picture that will never work with my hair. I have thin hair and that doesn't hold a curl well, so long loose curls is never going to hold all day for me!

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can’t trust Pinterest for good hairstyles that will last through the day. I want more tested and true options.
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can’t trust Pinterest for good hairstyles that will last through the day. I want more tested and true options.
  • B
    Newbie October 2018 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest is the way to go! Youtube has great video tutorials!
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Have you tried Pinterest?

That's where I'm getting my inspiration. Even YouTube also could be a good place to search for them, that way you get the tutorial as well and your mom will know exactly what to do.

I will definitely suggest you try them out before the wedding so that you are both aware of how much time and what is needed.

I can share the picture of mine when I get my trial done in September, I'm doing a half-up/half-down do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics